Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The translation space

+9
chinda
rnoosh
Big brother
w_ch
delkader
imy
the youth
Hush
Clear-headed
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The translation space - Page 2 Empty Re: The translation space

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi, I've chosen this short passage to translate it, it's from "AlFawaed" for its author 'Ibn Kayem Aljawzia'....
أعجب العجاب

من أعجب الأشياء أن تعرفه ثم لا
تحبه، وأن تسمع
داعيه ثم تتأخر عن الإجابة. و أن تعرف قدر الربح في معاملته ثم
تعامل
غيره. و أن تعرف قدر غصبه ثم تتعرض له.و أن تذوق ألم الوحشة في
معصيته ثم
لا تطلب الأنس بطاعته. و أن تذوق عصرة القلب عند الخوض في غير
حديثه و
الحديث عنه ثم لا تشتاق إلى انشراح الصدر بذكره و مناجاته.و أن
تذوق
العذاب عند تعلق القلب بغيره و لا تهرب منه إلى نعيم الإقبال
عليه و
الإنابة إليه.
و أعجب من هذا علمك أنك لا بد لك منه
وأنك أحوج شيئ إليه و أنت عنه معرض و فيما يبعدك عنه راغب

Honestly, I tried to translate this passage, but I couldn't it 's difficult for me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Big brother Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Ash'ab & El-Kindi the mean
The afternoon came and Ash'ab was still hanging around the markets till , eventually , found himself around one of the Kindi's gardens.he stoped there and released his eyes around till they fell on the garden's owner sitting under a tree surrounding by greeness and a creek underfoot.The Kindi was spreading his hands over a napkin containing a sort of vinegary meat, pieces of cheese , some olives, and two small parcel one containing salt and the other one four eggs.Ash'ab came near him greeting salaam.
The Kindi replied:
-come over, may you be cured.
first said, Ash'ab in quicker than thunder lightening in the sky snapped back to the creek, as he was heading for, The Kindi shout at him while eating at once:
-Stop!...hasty is devilish thing.
The translation space - Page 2 Icon_twisted The translation space - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Ash'ab stood stunned and disappointed The translation space - Page 2 Icon_eek The translation space - Page 2 Icon_sad ...the Kindi Asked him:
-what do you want?!!
Ash'ab returned:
-you want me to have a lunch?!!!
The translation space - Page 2 Icon_question
the Kindi glared at him and said:
-for what reason?!,and how you aspire to?!, and who that allowed you to put hands on my property?!!.
Ash'ab said:
- didn't you invite me?!!
the Kindi answered:
-woe to you!!..., if i thought that you are foolish i would'nt replied salaam back....., what happened between us was just greeting and greeting you back, that's to say excahnging talk, but you want talk by acts , and saying by meal , and this is no way fair.
the Kindi took one egg that were between his hands and ate it letting Ash'ab looking at him, then Ash'ab said:
-i saw you eating alone?!!!!
The translation space - Page 2 Icon_question
The Kindi swallow his saliva, then said:

-i am not blamed upon this matter, the matter upon who ate with a bunch, because that's mannerism, and eating alone is the basic , and eating with others is more than basic, and if the lonely better than bad companion,then, bad companion is better than big eater, because every eater sits and not every comapanion big eater.

Such greedness
Watching you freinds.........Big Brother is home now

Big brother

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 am

Permit me mates to propose this paragraph for translation.

فإدا جلست أمام كوخي علئ تلك الصخرة العالية التي اعتدت أن أجلس عليها رأيت النخل الباسق مصطفا بعضه وراء يعض كأنه السطور في الكتاب، رؤوسه العالية المتشابكة كأنها غابة ممتدة بين السماء و الأرض، ورأيت الجدول المتسلسل وهو يجري بين الخمائل الملتفة جريان القمر الساري في أعماق السحب المتكاثفة فلا يرِى منه الرائي إلا بوارق خاطقة تلمع من حين إلى حين، وألقي نظري تارة على الروض الجميل الدي غرسته بيدي فأرى صنوف أشجاره وألوان أزهاره، وأنواع كرومه و أعنابه فأراه في سكون الريح وهدوئها معبدا قد لبس الجلال و الوقار، وانتثرت في جنباته أشخاص الراكعين و الساجدين، وفي هبوبها وانبعاثها مرقصا ... ثم أنظر إلى السيل المتدفق من أعالي الجبال فأرى تلك المعركة الهائلة التي تجري بينه وبين الصخور الناتئة في طريقه ،يهاجمها فتدفعه، ويثب عليها فتمزقه فتتطاير أجزاؤه قي السماء كـأنها شظايا ألواح البلور، فيشتد غيظه وإزباده و يحاول أن يثأر لنفسه، فلا ينال آخرا أكثر مما نال أولا، وهي جامدة في مكانها، لا تحرك ساكنا، ولا تمد يدا...فينحدر عنها إلى السهل متغلغلا في أعماق الأدغال كأنما يتوارى حياء وخجلا. ثم لا يلبث أن يستحيل بعد ذلك إلى مرآة صافية تتراءى فيها صور النخيل و الأشجاروظلال القمم و الهضاب كأنما قد خطها رسام ماهر بريشة رقيقة في صحيفة ناصعة
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:21 pm

I think I chose an unsuitable passage since no one tried to translate it!!!
chinda
chinda

Back to top Go down

Post by rnoosh Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:44 pm

i need you help to translate these two sentences correctly

the wife is waiting on pins and needles
by and large the teacher should stick to the manners of career The translation space - Page 2 Icon_question
rnoosh
rnoosh

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Sat May 08, 2010 6:35 pm

I think that the two sentences you want to translate are proverbs that can not be translated word by word. I tried to translate the meaning, hope it will be useful.تنتظر الزوجة على أحر من الجمر
ينبغي على المعلم أن يلتزم بأخلاق المهنة
chinda
chinda

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Sat May 08, 2010 7:43 pm

الأشاوس كلمة تعني الشجعان... من أين أشْتق هذا المصطلح؟ The translation space - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 pm

If I sat down; near my hut, on that high rock that I'm used to sit down on, I would see the towering palms ranged one after the other as if lines of a book, and Their high entangled tops would seem like an extended forest covering the space between the sky and the earth. I would also see the sneaking gully running through the twisted junctions as a moon going into the depths of criss-cross clouds, that the viewer could only see some snapshots of it from now and then. I would have a look on the beautiful garden that I planted where there are lines different types of trees and colourful flowers...

Ps : That's all I could translate from the VERY difficult text you gave us Chinda Sad

I hope that someone would carry on and correct my mistakes if possible. Thank you
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JOKER Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I want to post this text taken from a newspaper, and hope u all give it a shot:

ذكرت دراسة علمية أن كبار السن الذين يعانون من انخفاض مستويات فيتامين "د" هم أكثر عرضة لمشاكل الذاكرة و التعلم و التفكير مم يقدم إنذارا مبكرا لمخاطر الإصابة بمرض الزهامير. و عكف باحثون من بريطانيا و إطاليا و الولايات المتحدة على دراسة 850 شخص تبلغ أعمارهم 65 عاما أو أكثر , و اكتشفوا أنّ الذين يعانون من نقص شديد في فيتامين "د" هم أكثر عرضة للتدهور المعرفي العام بنسبة 60 بالمائة , و أن 31 وبالمائة أكثر عرضة لمشاكل المرونة العقلية
JOKER
JOKER

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JOKER Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Since no one gave it a shot, this my first try:

A scientific study has shown that the elderly people who suffer from vitamin "D" deficiency, are more likely to have problems remembering, learning, and thinking which is an early sign of developing Alzheimer's disease. Scientists from Britain, Italy, and the United states started a study on 850 person, 65 or more of age, and discovered that those who suffer from vitamin "D" deficiency are more likely to suffer from knowledge deterioration of 60 percent, and that 31 percent are more likely to have mental flexibility problems.

I hope someone will point out my mistakes, and improve the translation of this text , Thank you Smile
JOKER
JOKER

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by louli Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:28 pm

a small part from an artical published in Sri Lanka..

Our land's freedom is our birthright"

"The Tamils of Ampara have had to face the brunt of both Sinhala chauvinism and Muslim intimidation. But they have refused to submit or yield their national pride as Tamils. We have to show the world that we will never sell our dignity for a mess of pottage, that we will not be intimidated by the terror that the Sri Lankan state has unleashed on us. The democratic campaign of the Tamil national alliance for our people's rights will strengthen the struggle of those who are fighting for our Liberation. We do not believe that we can achieve anything for the Tamils from the Sri Lankan Parliament. We consider it only as a forum to draw the world's attention to our people's plight,"

louli
louli

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://www.business.com

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm

"وكان لزاما على التاميل من أمبارا مواجهة وطأة كل من الشوفينية السنهالية وترهيب المسلمين ، ولكن رفضوا أن يقدموا أو يتنازلوا عن كبريائهم الوطني كتاميل . علينا أن نظهر للعالم اننا لن نبيع كرامتنا بصحن حساء ، أننا لن نخاف من الإرهاب الذي أطلقته للدولة السريلانكية علينا. الحملة الديمقراطية للتحالف التاميل الوطني لحقوق شعبنا وتعزيز النضال من أولئك الذين يقاتلون من أجل تحريرنا ونحن لا نعتقد أننا نستطيع تحقيق أي شيء من أجل التاميل من البرلمان السريلانكي. ونحن نعتبر ذلك فقط كمنتدى للفت انتباه العالم إلى محنة شعبنا
starlight
starlight

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2