Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Algeria lost?

+4
Hush
the youth
Ezinma
w_ch
8 posters

Go down

Is Algeria lost? Empty Is Algeria lost?

Post by Hush Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:53 am

If we’re here to mope and moan in a fatalist pessimism it’s no need to write whatever neither to be in here at all. Algeria was and has always been subject to different aggressions. It’s a country that arouses foreign envy because of its strategic position, its inexhaustible resources and its latent power. Yet it’s subject to a more dangerous peril, an inner one! There are some vampires that keep on sucking it’s blood since the people are drowning in a 47 years lethargic sleep, unconscious or may be careless! May be they are concerned with the potatoes price or worried about who’s gonna win next football match or who’s gonna be the star of starstupitidy! How to get through?
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Is Algeria lost? Empty Re: Is Algeria lost?

Post by Chichidodo Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks Hush for this topic, I started getting suffocated by flood rojla1 . I believe to get through we have to establish discipline. Freedom is the problem, more freedom, more problems! Rules have to be established and applied on EVERYBODY. Without discipline it would be anarchy and the law of the strongest. If you know someone in power he'll make things easy for you:madhaa1: . Anyway, consciousness comes first...
Chichidodo
Chichidodo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:18 am

Being a part of the system obliges us to contribute in the making of this country.The problem is that there are some "germs";internal ones,delaying the natural process of Algeria's development.To look for one's intrests and benefits is all what the "germs" care about.A very good solution is to eliminate those "germs" inorder to live in peace.But what the cure would be?Unfortunatly,I haven't found it yet.but who knows, may be the next generation will succeed in finding the perfect cure...let's be optimist.
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 am

I agree with you Chichidodo, it's a problem of freedom and a lack of discipline.
A problem if we try to think about it, we find ourselves saying ' we don't care
dzayer rahat'.
What makes us think about the prices of potato? What makes us think about the adulterated milk we drink everyday?
Now I understand why my grandpa told me to think about independence, we need to get conscious about our roles, and about the change (though I started to hate this word) we can bring to ourselves in the first place, before we think that some are stealing public funds so we can do the same. It's when we think that prices are high, or corruption is everywhere that we cease to see that Allah the Almighty is the Provider. It's also when we think about the germs and the vampires a lot that we stop to see our duties. Since power is in their hands, what can the masses do but care only about silly things? . A question we hear frequently. So hungry people are that they care only about potato!, about oil, and then the only alternative is to leave this country!!
It's what they want us to do, to remain asking questions that can't be answered, to remain blaming and judging each other, and to remain looking for solutions while the cure is before our hands. Some friends toldl me if society is corrupted, if the system is corrupted we can do nothing, while they forget that we constitute this society.
Algeria is not lost, it's inside our hearts or at least within those who feel agony because they can do nothing for our beloved land. However, those who think that Qatar or Dubai is the solution to end one's problems are themselves a problem.
The cure is to pray Allah for His help, for an awareness!
Have a firm faith in Allah and make du'aa!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 pm

I don't know if the concept of "the masses" does really exist in reality. I personally don't see myself neither in terms of the masses nor in terms of the system. I say to myself I am going to be asked before God about what I did, I don't care about the results! If I do my job as it should be done I don't care if the change would happen or not. Of course I would like to see things going for the better in front of my eyes but it's not the aim of my deeds. If everyone thinks in terms of himself and makes himself better society will change. What's society but the sum of those individuals?! Who told you you're responsible for the whole universe? who told you you should make all Algeria better?! You're asked to do good and to be asked about what you've done. If you're in Algeria or in the land of corruption it's no great difference! Do good even in the land of evil
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:04 pm

I agree strongly with what you said, and I think if everyone thinks the way you do, then things are going to be much better. Of course we are responsible for ourselves, because we'll be asked about our deeds... If it's good then insh'Allah we are with our beloved prophet peace be upon Him in paradise. If not..
The awareness I'm talking about is self-awareness, If I'm conscious that my duty is to be good and to do good because Allah is going to ask me about my deeds, and if X is conscious, Y and if you want Z also then it is done, that's our mission.
We see people all the time complaining, seeing themselves the victimes of this society and of an unjust system... Ya Allah, sometimes I get tired from the carelessness of people, and I find myself looking for a way to go back home..Where there's peace. Sometimes I wish that I stay only at home with my cat and kittens... How nice it's to talk with them because you don't expect a reply.
Hush thank you for the topic
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm

I couldn't agree more Mr.Hush..what u said about doing good things in that system which is made for us to fail is all what regular persons r supposed to do.Afterall it's still Algeria that we can"t give up on.
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I have to make myself clear about one point because I might be misunderstood. I definitely don't think that Algeria is a bad place, I thank God because I can hear the call for the prayer five times a day, I thank God because when I say Allah people won't say here's a terrorist, I thank God because Ramadan is still a sacred month, I thank God because my sister isn't obliged to remove the Hijab in order to go to school under the name of freedom! I thank God because I'll stay the father of my kids even when they'll grow older than 18, I thank God because I can visit my relatives every time I want, I thank God because death is still sacred and people still march with the dead praying for him, I thank God because I could study and I have never experienced starvation! I am happy because when I was born they said Allah Akbar and when I die they'll say Allah yarahmou... For all that I am proud to be an Algerian and to live in Algeria.
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Chichidodo Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:43 pm

Good point Hush, it's a matter of consciousness. I keep asking myself this question: Why our parents didn't leave when they could go outside soo easily? Why were they always coming back? Don't you think there's a reversal in morals and principles? Do you think Algeria was better then than now? What has changed?
Chichidodo
Chichidodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Hello, let me say that I agree with all of you,but you have to agree that "we" share with the rest of Algeria the responsibility!!! we keep repeting the same things...no consciousness no morals no principles..but where are we from all this..God said it, that the conditions will not change unless we change
"لا يغير الله ما بقوم حتى يغيروا ما بانفسهم".. one may ask, how can we change???I'm not talking about revolutions..I'm talking about baby steps...we should start with our families..and later with our children...with our students....with OURSELVES we have responsibilities, so let us do the perfectly or atleast do them the right way and Inshaallah it would be a small step towards a better Algeria... flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear-headed Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:58 am

Hello mates! Having students dicussing such a serious matters is quite a huge signal of awareness, hope and a bright future.Thanks dearly!

I almost see eye to eye with all who have participated in this topic and I want to express my stance.

In my mind, a state is an amalgam of three mane components: the people, the land, the system.All the states of the world have these components, in fact, but the quetion that come in everybody's mind is: what makes some states strong and influential while others are weak?
The strong states are strong due to a harmony that is amongst the three components and that what we miss here.Literally, we can say that it is a divorce of the three elements.

It's just an opinion!
Many thanks!
Clear-headed
Clear-headed

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Chichidodo Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 am

Clear-headed wrote:
what makes some states strong and influential while others are weak?
The strong states are strong due to a harmony that is amongst the three components and that what we miss here.Literally, we can say that it is a divorce of the three elements.

[i]It's just an opinion!

Many thanks!

First I want to welcome you and congratulate you for your English and for your analytical mind.

You're idea of harmony, I believe, isn't wrong but I think most of all, the strongest states are strong because of their MILITARY POWER.
Chichidodo
Chichidodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear-headed Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:42 am

Hello Chichidodo and thank you for your critical remark.

I would like to say yes, most of the strongest states have a great military power but I think this last is a RESULT of that harmony. For instance,Japan is indisputably strong,but does it possess a stout military power literally? If it do so,is its army as strong as other states' armies?

Thanks again

PS. Please, don't be reluctant to refer to any syntactical,grammatical,lexical...mistake in all my posts and thank you in advance.
Clear-headed
Clear-headed

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Interesting topic mates !
I really thought about our failure in making progress although we r called Japan of Africa . But this name is deleted definitely because we have lived a serious period ( black then years ) . But the thoughts of this period still until now .
But the people who hold those thoughts made nothing toward community , the fact that we r still importing our needs from Europe .
And there is other kind of people who adopted the open-mindedness . But those fall in the hole of imitating western thoughts ( just bad ones )
unfortunately we have a lot of them in our department .
And there are some hold balanced ideas and principles since our prophet ( peace be upon him) advice us to be in the average of all things . I mean not going further in the religion nor the sciences . So we have to be as wise as we can to follow our religion under the imposed reality and to select what is suitable 4 our community progress . (وكذلك جعلناكم أمة وسطا)
Believe me mates our Quran is a treasure 4 us . Just we have to understand it through the understanding of our AVERAGE clerics (religion scientists) .
Just be optimistic mates and don't lose hope as those who went abroad
yeah I know that they are jealous of our Algeria but they couldn't be patient
Believe me mates ( there is no life without hope and no hope without life)
Just remember those who lived worser than us . Such as (L'amir Abdelkader)
and ( L'arbi Ben Mhidi) . When u understand their message toward us u won't lose hope whatever happened .
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Hello
First of all Algeria is a victim of her sons, even i don't believe that we are one people. We are going to be devided to small pieces (societies) in future. I don't expect goodness to this poor country.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum