Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any help from 2nd year L.M.D students

+6
Nacerpro
hope
silent_smile
HOPE4EVER
Van
glourious
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any help from 2nd year L.M.D students Empty Any help from 2nd year L.M.D students

Post by glourious Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Hello every body..I hope you are good and having a good time..
I'm a first year student..and I noticed that a lot of my friends (and I) are asking about next year,the modules,the syllabus and the difficulties that we may face.
so,I thought "where else we can have this kind of information except this forum?"...I'm counting on you, my friends, to give what ever you can about this topic.It realy going to help.
NP:not only from 2nd year students..everybody is welcome to help
glourious
glourious

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Any help from 2nd year L.M.D students Empty Re: Any help from 2nd year L.M.D students

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:16 am

DEAR STUDENT , FIRST second year is a lil bit difficult that evry body admittes this, and there will be not a big differance in the modules exept, u gonna lose the langue de specialite and the readin' ' instead of them u gonna study semantics and the them version ; ah i forget bout frensh cause u ain't gonna study it but u 'll do with italian and it will be hard . GOOD LUCK

Back to top Go down

Any help from 2nd year L.M.D students Empty Re: Any help from 2nd year L.M.D students

Post by glourious Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:32 pm

thanks body pirat
glourious
glourious

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 am

Good Day all !!
See My Brother It's a kinda Hard a little With The Module "methodology" U'll Have To Read Two Novels From Your choice And Deal With Them Both at the Same Time !! To Be More Clear, U'll Have To Write A multiple Book-report (a Review About The Two Books That You Gonna Read During Next Year) ! It Will Take You Some Extra-time To Work On, But You Have To, Cuz It's The Basic Methodology Of Your Project In the 3rD Year "With GoD'Z Willing", So What's The Next Step ?? Mrs Brakni Will Give You The Choice Of Some Novel That Describe The British Society Or Something Else!! And This Is For The First Semester, Then U'll Have To Read Another One From Your Choice During The Seconce Period Of The Year !!Personally I've Chosen The Victorian Age"Hard Times, And Great Expectations" ...These are Tow Great Novels Written By Sir Charles Dickens !!
For any Other Help Pliz ....Don't Hesitate !!
~Van
Van
Van

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:09 pm

wonderful information..I'm very glad
glourious
glourious

Back to top Go down

Post by HOPE4EVER Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:30 pm

hi everybody:
1st year STUDENTdon't worry for the next year ,the only thing that you shoud keep in your mind is to be serious with your studies.the modules still 13:LSP,FRENCH READING AND INFORMATIQUE disappear and LEXICO-SEMANTICS,THEMES VERSIONS,MASS MEDIA AND ITALIAN APPEAR.
you must be ser

HOPE4EVER

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:22 pm

these are good information,but can you tell us what these modules are all about?(what is it concened with?)
I'll be glad.thank you very much indeed
glourious
glourious

Back to top Go down

Post by HOPE4EVER Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Hi glourious,

i will give you some information about the modules:

methodology deals with single book report(summarizing and reviewing) in the 1st semester & in the 2nd semester with
multiple book report.
lexico-semantics deals with sense relations(synonymy,antonymy,hypomymy......)
themes version deals with translation from arabic to english and the opposite
mass media:it is in french.in this module we try to write articles with different topics(concerning the modules,health,culture,environment.....)
i hope that these few information will help you , and good luck

HOPE4EVER

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:07 am

It seems like "FUN" to study all these modules even it's going to be a hard job to do.
Thank you very much In deed.I'm sure you have helped a lot of student with these information,and good luck in your study too.
lol!
glourious
glourious

Back to top Go down

Post by silent_smile Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 pm

oooo really i'm glade to see that
coz i'm like brother glourious
'ill be in 2nd yrs inchallah
and because of you
now i knew what i'm going to de nxt year
thanx alot
silent_smile
silent_smile

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm

don'y thank me my friend..we should thank our friend "بنت" and the other..
glourious
glourious

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:41 pm

oh thanx all of you you've really helped and especially glorious i miss the class and all of my fiends see you soon inchaalah
hope
hope

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nacerpro Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi everybody,
1st of all CoNgRaTuLaTioNs for passing to the 2nd yr. I want to thank all the previous friends for their help. In fact, we the (1st Promo) have faced a lot of problems and u can ask "Van" for additional infos ... . I hope u won't face what we faced really ...
Well, I want to make some things clear, I'll start with the modules.
U'll have : Methodology - Lexico-Semantics - Themes/Versions - Speaking - Phonetics - Mass Media (in Fr) - Italian Lge - Listening - Linguistics - Literature - Civilisation - Morpho-Syntax - Writing.
But u have to know that not all of the teachers have the same syllabus.
1st year I think u count ur average (Exam - 0.6 and Project - 0.4) 2nd year, fifty fifty (0.5-0.5) for both.
Abt Methdology I advise u to choose carefully ur first book bcz if Brakni will be ur teacher she'll ask u for suitable pair which means u will have a trouble with the 2nd book or novel, personally I did a very suitable pair it was Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad) + Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe) and I don't tell u abt some friends which were in troubles for unsuitable pairs ...
If u need any kind of help we study next to u in the same block so get in touch with us and wish u best luck in ur studies ... 3rd yr LMD Student
Nacerpro
Nacerpro

Number of posts : 332

http://www.Idon'thaveany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Hello my dear friends.
I hope you are good and you are having a good time.
First,I want to say that First year students realy need a lot of support and enlightenment from those who have already been "there",because the problem of the L.M.D system is that no one realy knows a lot about..so we just show up in the cources and do the exams without any preparation or anticipation and just pray God for the consequences.
So it's realy a nice thing from you to help providing these precious information.
one fenal request...
I need you to explain what a suitable pair is and any extra information if you please.
thanks ahead.
glourious
glourious

Back to top Go down

Post by silent_smile Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:09 pm

yes that's true
we need to know the suitable pairs to do it
plz
silent_smile
silent_smile

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Hey Guyz !!
Look, A suitable Pair is (Two Different subjects written by the same writer, or the same all subject and different writers).
That means : in the first situation, u'll have to Deal wiTh two different sbjcts Exp: " Hard Times & Great Expectations" these are two novels written by Sir Charles Dickens.
Or U gonna Choose Different Writers who wrote almost the same subjct
Exp: (Joseph Conrad), (Chinua Achebe) .....I'll Leave This One to Mr Nacer ..he's the One who DEalt With.
Hope That I made My self Clear Enough !!
GooD LuCk !
~Van
Van
Van

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Nacerpro Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Hello,
Well, suitable pairs are for example an author tells abt social conditions in England while another tells one abt England differently, abt economical field as an example. The most important thing is that they talk abt the same period of time, I mean both occur in 70's or 80's ... . I hope I provided u some help. I promise u that I'll bring u many suitable pairs just wait me plz. As an example which was mine I choosed "Heart of Darkness" for Joseph Conrad and "Things Fall Apart" for Chinua Achebe. They r very suitable . best luck ...
Nacerpro
Nacerpro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nacerpro Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Sorry Hamza, I noticed that u wrote just after I posted a reply.
I brought my copy book to not forget anything bcz I feel like they'll be somehow confused.
U have to read two books, one in literature and one in civilisation. U can read for the same author as u can read for different authors abt the same topic as well. Here, u have two suitable pairs which r :
"Hard Times & Great Expectations" For Charles Dickens.
"Heart of Darkness & Things Fall Apart" Conrad & Achebe.
Nacerpro
Nacerpro

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 pm

these are good explications(now I get it..).
can you,please, give asuitable pair for"ROBINSON CRUSOE" by daniel defoe, and "THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA" by Ernest Hemingway

thank you very much indeed
glourious
glourious

Back to top Go down

Post by Nacerpro Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Sorry I have no idea abt that
Sorry again abt my promise
Best luck
Sahha Ramdankom
Nacerpro
Nacerpro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:28 pm

For Daniel Defoes' Robinson Crusoe it has already been mentioned that J.M.Coetzee's Foe is a perfect fit. Good *Luck*
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:18 pm

A pair like Charles Dickens' David Copperfield and Jean-Jaques Rousseau's The confessions
Both novels are depictions of their authors' lives.Or at least that's what i think.
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Jean-Jaques Rousseau's The confessions is not an novel. It's simply an autobiography of the author. Whereas Dickens's David Copperfield is a novel with autobiographical elements. I don't think, in my humble opinion it would be a suitable pair since the two writers have completely different ideas and belong to different stream of thoughts (Though I don't believe in writer's labels).
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:23 pm

And I humbly thank you Hush for correcting my information.
I did not know that Rousseau's The confessions is not a novel for i didn't get to read it yet.
But a question..
As of Defoe's Robinson Crusoe..why wouldn't Ibn Nafiss' Hai Ibn Yakdhan be a perfect fit with it?
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 am

Hello the Youth and thanks for your post. First I have to mention that Hai Ibn Yakdhan is not originally written by Ibn Nafiss, what's known is that Ibn Tofail is the one who really set the story on a book, anyway he's the one remembered for that. The story may date back to Ibn Sina and his philosophical ideas, anyway that's not the matter here. You've asked why it cannot be a fit with Robinson Crusoe, I would say it's a fit and even a source of inspiration for the writing of Crusoe and even The Book of The Jungle , the thing is that it is not written in English and all we have are versions of the story. Hai Ibn Yakdhan I guess is much more philosophical then Crusoe.
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next