Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a problem!!!

+8
bart_simpson
louli
Van
Ezinma
imy
Toufikzad
Big brother
Konvict
12 posters

Go down

I have a problem!!! Empty I have a problem!!!

Post by Konvict Sun May 24, 2009 11:14 pm

I'm facing a big problem which I'm sure a lot of students are facing too.Sometimes I have several ideas,but don't know how to translate them into speech.I don't know if the problem is the lack of practise or something else.the bottom line,i have a bad English performance.What's the solution?If there is acually a solution,how much time would it take?these are the kind of questing turning in my mind and giving me hard times.I would be very pleased to hear any suggestions from you.Thank you all.
PEACE cheers
Konvict
Konvict

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

I have a problem!!! Empty Re: I have a problem!!!

Post by Big brother Mon May 25, 2009 7:58 pm

hello dude

The problem is logic since we are not native speakers. the core probem lays in the brain , because the non-native speakers find difficulties to convey their thoughts and ideas in way near to natives.

i suggest to watch more BBC & CNN channels and try to imitate the way they speak, because more we think in arabic less we will be able to express our ideas............i hope that's might help.

catch you soon dude

Big brother

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Toufikzad Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:25 am

Hello

It's very nice from you to take a care about your studying ..i'm sure that u'll be a good student ...

so..i'm not a teacher to answer ...but i just want to tell u that ur problem is not a big problem..u can practice the language more and more ..especially with this great forum...ok ???

i hope that u'll improve ur english level soon nchallah

see you
Toufikzad
Toufikzad

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-05-12

http://www.gold9.mam9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by imy Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Thanks for your advice toufik,but i think the great idea of improving one's language is reading.I know in our society is very rare to find peOple reading and most of them hate it although they say it is beneficial.Try to write about anything CAME TO YOUR MIND just to practise your english.Practising is your only soltion.Be sure if you work hard you will get a result.May god help you.

khabachou
imy
imy

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Konvict Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks a million guys;I really appreciate every written word of yours.After all,we are not native speakers so we'll never reach the level of perfaction despite of our hard work.Big Brother,Toufikzad and Imy...thanks for your contrabutions;hopefully they won't be the last. As I already said,It's a common problem amongest students which to improve it, I recommond the hard work.Thank you.
Konvict
Konvict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 am

Hello,
Your question is interesting, sometimes I face the same problem( though the word sounds a bit heavy) and sometimes it's quite the opposite I can not express my ideas in Arabic and for me it's embarrassing. I guess it's a lack of practice, and I mean speaking and listening and as Imy said reading (reading allowd is also beneficial). I really hope that you will succeed to talk fluently, because being a student of a foreign language is not a restraint.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Hey..!
See My FrienD, It's A kinda hard a little To Talk Without Interuption!! But The Problem Isn't In the BackgrounD And We all know that, But It's A matter Of Habit...You Talk The Whole Time Your Language ..And You Receive It From The People arrounD You !! So It's at Classe That U can Have some Practice !!
But This isn't Pretty Hard To solve. You Gotta take the Habite Just Like You Did With Our ArabiC, Cuz Our Ears Are Configurated To Receive Only the Arabic Speech Frequency ...So What You Gotta Do Is To Make English A Part Of Ur Daily life (Watch Movies, News, Shows, And......Don't You forget To Read Too Get The whole Package, It's Very Important ...
So Once Ur Brain Get Ready, You will Feel The Need Of The Oral Practice Trust Me !!
GooD Luck Dude .
~Van
Van
Van

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 am

Thank you Van, I do like what you said and I totally agree with you. I guess Konvict's problem is solved now, and insh'Allah after practice he'll be as fluent as natives.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by louli Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:07 pm

hi there:

look convict; no1 can ignore the plm u r facin coz we all did be4, actually the miss-translatin was my big obstract to persist in my path... so, i advise ya to give a try and make native friends, i promise that'll help ya so much.. only u need is listenin and speakin to natives.. these 2thgz will help ya more even from the vocabulairy.. just do it then u'll c how much ur EN is improved... all goood luck wicha
louli
louli

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://www.business.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear-headed Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:43 am

Hi buddies.
I have a bunch of ideas for language acquisition that may worth your while.

1-Reading
Reading quality newspapers,scientific magazines,literature...
Reading articles on the same topic but written independently.
2-Listening
Try to listen not just news broadcasts but also in-depth dicussion programs and documentaries.
3-Take conversation lessons or seek out contact with native speakers.
4-Switch on your internal monologue( talk to yourself in your mind ).
5-Record yourself speaking English and analyse both speaking skills and language ability.
6-Read out loud.
7-Learn by heart 5 to 10 lines of well written text everyday.
8-pick out good expressions, note them and tyr to use them.
9-Make a list of stock phrases and synonymes.
10-Make up files of newspapers articles on topical issues.These should contain articles rather than vocabulary lists because vocabulary out of context is not helpful and can be misleading.
11-Play crosswords and all kind of word association games.
12-Look up everything your are not sure of.
13-Shadow news reports,interviews,conversations...etc. Imitate the natives speakers' sentence intonation along with pronunciation.
14-Make a note of all mistakes for which you are corrected when speaking English.
15-Write a transcript of what you listen to.
16-How to note vocabulary?Don't make lists! Record them in thematic or grammatical groups.
17-Exchange what ever you learn with your fellows.

Good luck ! Smile
Clear-headed
Clear-headed

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:09 am

Believe me if we work with the advices of clear-headed we'll be "perfect"! Thanks a million for your valuable posts.
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Konvict Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Hello mates. Thank you guys,I appreciate it. Every advise that you've given is taken into consideration. I'm glad to see many members intrested in this topic,so thanks again. Read you soon.
Konvict
Konvict

Back to top Go down

Post by bart_simpson Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:19 pm

I heard of newly invented PILLS wich help people speaking as fluent as natives ,but there 's a problem , thier effect don't last more than 2 hours .anyways , you can use them in the oral exam :-)

It's the students' most worried and wondering problem : many ideas with poor performance .

In fact i am not in the approperiate level to advice you what to do and what not to , you know why : just because i 'm having the same problem .

HELP PLEASE
bart_simpson
bart_simpson

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:15 pm

I'll speak from a personal experience, knowing that I am far from being a fluent speaker, or in the appropriate stand to advise you, but all I know is that my level improved thanks to something that I'll give you. It is by being a mad man! By walking down the streets and talking alone in English no matter what the topic is. I try to speak to myself only in English and in French, making imaginary people ( actually I have someone within me talking to all the time). Then download the UK bar and start listening to the UK radios. Have you seen Castaway? Create someone and talk to him in English!
Believe me it might sound fool and will disconnect you from this world but who cares! For me I enjoy myself talking foreign languages ( not only English, though it is my favourite). I hope my advice, or let's say my personal experience would help you. Sincerely yours
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear-headed Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi again,
Thank you Hush for your crazy but very helpful peace of advice.
Some times I face the same problem,I have enough linguistic skills and good ideas but I feel paralysed to write even a short paragraph.That is problem is ,in my mind, due to the lack of practice.Therefore,it's is not always the same case, in other situation I can't write or speak because I have an ideas shortage due to the lack of reading.
Clear-headed
Clear-headed

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by silent_smile Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:14 am

take it easy brother
nothing is impossible
juste keep tryin you will do it
trust your self and dont be upset I have a problem!!! 170481
silent_smile
silent_smile

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nounette Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:51 pm

First Thank you Friends For All Your Pieces Of Advice !! And A Special Thank To Clear_Headed For His Great Pieces Of Advice !! And I'll Tell You Something And Please Don't Laugh Friends !! I Always Do The Same As Hush Do !! I'm Crazy lol! !! I Almost Speak With An Imaginary Person !!
Nounette
Nounette

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-05-12

http://www.rasoulallah.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down