Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here The story of the day

+20
MaGGiE
sandrilla
faith.im
nabih35
beowulf
burself
Nacerpro
Nounette
IRON LADY
cookie
Londonhbb
glourious
JOKER
jamie
darkness
NANA
Thewolf
am333
Big brother
Hush
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Here The story of the day - Page 2 Empty Re: Here The story of the day

Post by Nounette Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:55 pm

WoooooooooooooooooooW !! Nice Story Chinda !! Thank You Very Much Dear !! I Really Liked It !!
Nounette
Nounette

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-05-12

http://www.rasoulallah.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm

goooooooooooooooood story
with strong meaning thank u
cookie
cookie

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by IRON LADY Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:43 am

Really he is a wise man , being satisfied and living the moment with the available choices is the solution for a calm life .Thank you sir .
IRON LADY
IRON LADY

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Here The story of the day - Page 2 Empty i'm sorry i lied

Post by louli Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm sorry i lied

Jenny was so happy about the house they had found. For once in her life that was on the right side of town. She unpacked her things with such great ease. As she watched her new curtains blow in the breeze. How wonderful it was to have her own room. School would be starting, she would have friends over soon. There will be sleep-overs, and parties. She was so happy. It's just the way she wanted her life to be.
On the first day of school, everything went great. She made new friends and even got a date! She thought, "I want to be popular and I'm going to be, because I just got a date with the star of the team!" To be known in this school you had to have a clout, and dating this guy would sure help her out. There was only one problem stopping her fate. Her parents had said she was too young to date. "Well I just won't tell them the entire truth. They won't know the difference. What's there to lose?"
Jenny asked to stay with her friends that night. Her parents frowned but said, "All right." Excited, she got ready for the big event. But as she rushed around like she had no sense, she began to feel guilty about all the lies, but what's a pizza, a party, and a moonlight ride? Well the pizza was good, and the party was great, and the moonlight ride would have to wait, for Jeff was half drunk by this time.
But he kissed her and said that he was just fine. Then the room filled with smoked and Jeff took a puff. Jenny couldn't believe he was smoking that stuff. Now Jeff was ready to ride to the point, but only after he'd smoked another joint.
They jumped in the car for the moonlight ride, not thinking that he was too drunk to drive. They finally made it to the point at last, and Jeff started trying to make a pass. A pass is not what Jenny wanted at all (and by a pass, I don't mean playing football.) "Perhaps my parents were right. Maybe I am too young. Boy, how could I ever, ever be so dumb?" With all of her might, she pushed Jeff away, "Please take me home, I don't want to stay."
Jeff cranked up the engine and floored the gas. In a matter of seconds they were going too fast. As Jeff drove on in a fit of wild anger, Jenny knew that her life was in danger. She begged and pleaded for him to slow down, but he just got faster as they neared the town. "Just let me get home! I'll confess that I lied. I really went out for a moonlight ride."
Then all of a sudden, she saw a big flash. "Oh God, Please help us! We're going to crash!" She doesn't remember the force of impact. Just that everything all of a sudden went black. She felt someone remove her from the twisted rubble, and heard, "Call an ambulance! These kids are in trouble!" Voices she heard, a few words at best. But she knew there were two cars involved in the wreck.
Then wondered to herself if Jeff was all right, and if the people in the other car was alive. She awoke in the hospital to faces so sad. "You've been in a wreck and it looks pretty bad." These voices echoed inside her head, as they gently told her that Jeff was dead. They said "Jenny, we've done all we can do. But it looks as if we'll lose you too." "But the people in the other car?" Jenny cried. "We're sorry, Jenny, they also died."
Jenny prayed, "God, forgive me for what I've done. I only wanted to have just one night of fun." "Tell those people's family, I've made their lives dim, and wish I could return their families to them." "Tell Mom and Dad I'm sorry I lied, and that it's my fault so many have died. Oh, nurse, won't you please tell them that for me?"
The nurse just stood there. She never agreed. But took Jenny's hand with tears in her eyes. And a few moments later Jenny died. A man asked the nurse, "Why didn't you do your best to bid that girl her one last request?" She looked at the man with eyes so sad. "Because the people in the other car were her mom and dad."

wish u liked it

louli
louli

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://www.business.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:43 pm

I knew that those people were her parents Louli_it is a good lesson.......I liked the story, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

Learn fro ants

For those few days the big hollow tree was buzzing with activity. It was time for the Scuttleball World Championship. Scuttleball was soccer for ants; and it was definitely their favourite sport. Ants of all shapes and sizes, from every nook and cranny in the world, had arrived. There were teams of red ants, black ants, flying ants, termites... and even some bizarre multicoloured ants. And, of course, every team had its own loyal band of supporters. As the tournament went on the excitement only increased, and the supporters got more and more devoted to their own particular team.
Before long, the inevitable happened. In the stand a black ant shouted "Midgets!" at a group of red ants. The red ants answered with a bit of pushing and shoving, and almost instantly the whole thing turned into a great big ball of legs, jaws, and antennae. In the end, thousands of ants were in hospital, and the tournament had to be suspended.
No one can deny that there's almost always trouble when different kinds of ant get together. But this time things had gone too far, so a meeting of Ant Elders was called. The Elders discussed the matter for days, trying to reach a solution which would end this kind of trouble once and for all. Finally, they came to a decision:
"We believe that ants of all teams are equal. It seems, though, that this tournament is being used to try to prove which kind of ant is the best. We know that all the different types of ant are indeed pretty impressive. Therefore, we say that comparisons should not be made, and that from this day on every Scuttleball team will be made up of different kinds of ant".
That decision caused quite a commotion, but soon the crowds of ants started forming themselves into new teams, mixed teams, and each ant was free to choose which team he would support. The tension on the terraces was reduced, and the ants began to see that they could enjoy the matches without so much arguing.
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nounette Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Very Nice Story Chinda !! I Really Enjoyed Reading It !! Carry On Writing Dear !! Waiting For More !!
Nounette
Nounette

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 pm

It was not me who wrote it Nounette, I just liked it and wanted you to enjoy it.
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nounette Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Anyway Thank You Chinda !! The Story Was Amazing !!
Nounette
Nounette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nacerpro Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 pm

U like everything Here The story of the day - Page 2 Icon_exclaim
Kiddin' .
Nice job sis.
Nacerpro
Nacerpro

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.Idon'thaveany.com

Back to top Go down

Here The story of the day - Page 2 Empty The last Words !!

Post by Ismailos2 Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 am

There was this woman who was on a train with her little brother, and her brother had lost his shoes! She started going off on him, like how can you lose your shoes; you’re so stupid, you’re always losing stuff!! Come to find out; her brother didn’t make it! And the last thing she said to him was “you’re so stupid…..”! So from that moment on, she vowed to herself that everything she said would have the value of the last words that she ever spoke to someone!!
We always have the time to humiliate people, or fire hurtful words at them! But we never had the guts to apologize, or even compliment people!! Because trust me, the words you say to someone, they might be your last words to them! I bet you never thought of that!! Think twice, act wise Smile Cheers mates Wink Wink
Ismailos2
Ismailos2

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by burself Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 am

Yes Ismailos2, this is a reality. these words may make him convinced that he is stupid, not able, passive and lasy. Why don't we do the contrar? We show them that they are able , to be tolerante, permissive with them...
burself
burself

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ismailos2 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 am

Exactly mate ! Why can't we point out the good things in people and say nice things to them instead of hurting them !!! Whenever someone does something good No one cares ! But God forbid, if you slip once they'll hold it against you FOREVER !!
Ismailos2
Ismailos2

Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:50 am

I hope all my best for you ,and good luck in all what you're gonna do "thewolf" very good story "love and time"

beowulf

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by nabih35 Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm

a wonderful story thx.
nabih35
nabih35

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by faith.im Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 pm

A beautiful story. Thank you Here The story of the day - Page 2 Icon_smile
faith.im
faith.im

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Here The story of the day - Page 2 Empty A very touching story

Post by MaGGiE Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 am

Hello friends ,i read a very touching story which affected me ,so i decided to tell it to you ,to know how it will affect you.

A blind girl is detesting because of her handicapping.She hated all the world except a boy who was her

friend.He was always with her for help .One day ,she told him :"If i was able to see the world ,i will get married with

you ".

One day ,an anonymous person gave his eyes to her as a gift .When she removed the bandages ,she was seeing all the

world ,even her friend .He told her :"now ,you can see the world ,can you marry me ?".The girl saw him and found

that he is a blind .The view to his closed eyelid upset her because she didn't think it .Her thinking ,about the view to her

friend and the rest of her life led her to refuse marrying with him .Her friend left her crying .

After days ,he sent her a letter which told :"Take care for your eyes ,dear ,because before they become yours ,they were

mine ."

Here The story of the day - Page 2 500859
MaGGiE
MaGGiE

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 am

Oh!! How evil and selfish this girl is!!! Here The story of the day - Page 2 5116

Back to top Go down

Here The story of the day - Page 2 Empty The Princess Of Mars

Post by louli Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 am

Hy every one

today I bring to you a story to those how like to read storys

in english
Here The story of the day - Page 2 63
it's a short story but so intrest to read

THE PRINCESS OF MARS

clik [url=http://ifile.it/y5zg02s/the princess of mars.docx]here[/url] to get it

if you like it, I can bring you more

enjoy it

MOD: Topic moved from Literature to Literature...the other world!

louli
louli

Back to top Go down

Post by sandrilla Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:50 am

Keep on Louli, I'm here to say thanks
sandrilla
sandrilla

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by louli Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:03 am

hope it will grab ur attention girls!

Last edited by louli on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
louli
louli

Back to top Go down

Here The story of the day - Page 2 Empty A fascinating story

Post by MaGGiE Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello friends, i brought you a fascinating story especially to the nervous persons... grinou1

There was a boy who was always losing his temper. His father gave him a bag full of na

ils and said to him, “My son, I want you to hammer a nail into our garden fence every time you need to direct your anger against something and you lose your temper.”

So the son started to follow his father’s advice. On the first day he hammered in 37 nails, but getting the nails into the fence was not easy, so he started trying to control himself when he got angry. As the days went by, he was hammering in less nails, and within weeks he was able to control himself and was able to refrain from getting angry and from hammering nails. He came to his father and told him what he had achieved. His father was happy with his efforts and said to him “But now, my son, you have to take out a nail for every day that you do not get angry.”

The son started to take out the nails for each day that he did not get angry, until there were no nails left in the fence.

He came to his father and told him what he had achieved. His father took him to the fence and said, “My son, you have done well, but look at these holes in the fence. This fence will never be the same again.” Then he add “When you say things in a state of anger, they leave marks like these holes on the hearts of others. You can stab a person and withdraw the knife but it doesn’t matter how many times you say ‘I’m sorry,’ because the wound will remain.

jouliya I hope that you like it.
MaGGiE
MaGGiE

Back to top Go down

Post by MaGGiE Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 pm

thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss louli
MaGGiE
MaGGiE

Back to top Go down

Here The story of the day - Page 2 Empty Funny Story

Post by MaGGiE Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Young Man: Sir, may I know the time, please?

Old Man: Certainly not

Young Man: Sir, but why? What are you going to loose if you tell me the time

Old Man: Yes, I may loose something if I tell you the time
Young Man: But Sir, can you tell me how?
Old Man : See, if I tell you the time you will definitely thank me and may be tomorrow again you will ask me the time

Young Man: Quite possible

Old Man: May be we meet two three times more and you will ask my name and address

Young Man: Quite possible

Old Man: One day you may come to my house saying you were just passing by and came into wish me. Then as a courtsey, I will offer you a cup of tea. After my courteous approach you will try to come again. This time you will appreciate tea and ask who has made it
Young Man: Possible

Old Man: Then I will tell you that my daughter has made it and I will then have to introduce my young and pretty daughter to you & you will admire my daughter

Young Man: Smiles

Old Man: Now onwards you will try to meet my daughter
again and again. You will offer her to go out for a movie together and a date with you

Old Man: My daughter may start liking you and start
waiting for you. After meeting regularly you will fall in love with her and propose her for marriage

Old Man: One day both of you will come to me and tell me about your love and ask for my permission

Young Man: Oh Yes ! and smiles

Old Man: ( Angrily) Young man, I will never marry my
daughter to a person like you who does not even own a watch !!!

i hope you u like it Laughing

MaGGiE
MaGGiE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ismailos2 Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:48 pm

hahha Funny ! I really laughed lol ! Thanks, it was delightful Very Happy xxx
Ismailos2
Ismailos2