Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job seekers!

4 posters

Go down

Job seekers! Empty Job seekers!

Post by w_ch Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:21 pm

There you are, just finished a sixteen year period of studying (may be more) and you're now face to face with the real world. At school, you're not trained to endure the harships of the real world, you're only "taught" academically. The training thing can't be done while you're still a student, because it recquires from you to step up to the "field" and to make your hands dirty; the knowledge of which only comes by a long-term experience.
What's the value of our Bachelor degrees in the Algerian society? Does it make a difference? Being a veteran does change a lot of concepts that I used to strongly believe in, because I now see the world from a wholly different angle. It's no longer a competetion of who gets better marks then who (because that's so relative) but it's about who's better-equipped physically and mentally. I advise senior year students to meditate about this matter from now on, and think of the main reason why their parents first sent them to school.
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Job seekers! Empty Re: Job seekers!

Post by Ezinma Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:59 am

Hello all,

Thanks W_ch for this interesting topic of yours. I strongly encourage all the members and the guests to read it and to ponder over all what is written.

The training thing you referred to truly lacks in our "education". Our system is still designed to fill our minds up with knowledge (History, Geography, boring "tarbia madania"....etc in middle school and high school) and even in higher education (esp. the case of humanities and social sciences) where developing students' creative thinking, or their intellectual skills and abilities is not acknowledged. What's worse is reforming the system whenever it shows its limits, making the learner a sort of a guinea pig, not only weary and confused about the things she is learning but also a least-effort learner whose aim is at getting a pass mark.

Even with the LMD system and all the reforms it brought and the promises. Like the three beautiful grades (license, master and doctorate), the notable changes to be made to the content, the way and the objectives of teaching, and my favourite: Getting students involved in training and not merely spectators as in the classical system, the situation is the same: giving students a great opportunity to graduate and then eliminating all the opportunities for them either to be employed, or to carry on their studies.

Still I hope that things insh'Allah will be bright for all of us . With faith in our hearts, Allah grants us the best insh'Allah.

P.S. When I met the LMD freshmen some days ago, the first thing they expressed in English was their love for this language and even they babbled about their future jobs. That's incredibly promising! Smile
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Thank you Ezinma for your considerate reply, it shows how thoughtful you are.
We've never been taught how to solve financial, emotional or social problems. Instead, they overstuffed us with loads of information.All I recall from my studying years is cold ,and sometimes hot, mornings and afternoons and every time I try to picture the teacher's position from all this, i see him/her dectating and feeding us up with all sorts of information that will do us no good in the "practical life" I was wondering about a solution to all this, would like to hear something from your part.
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello all....
Thanks a lot W for this intresting topic.....

When I remember my self studying, I release that all I wanted when concentrating with my teacher is to get a good mark so a good average!!! Never tried to get a point, to precise a goal, to fly and forget the mark, the year and all!!!!!All I wanted to get the Baccalaureat, then what? the Ba, then, then.........And always ignored that life is another thing! That it's a challenge, an adventure, and may be a game (At least this is my point of view)!
I was always complaining: Why they will transfer us to Afroun? Why they canceled the Magister contest?! Why a lot of LMD students were deprived from the chance to continue their Master?why...why...why...!!Loads of whys!!!!! But when thinking deeply, I said to my self: It doesn't matter!!This is Algeria, like we're new here and we don't know it!!!! Again saying: just let things go, don't think a lot coz you'll have a strong headache, and you won't get anything!!!Every thing is fated, and we still have hope........
I really hope things will change and someday_ we_ by ourselves will change our miser situation and make our special Algeria...

Back to top Go down

Post by messi Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Talking abt our "line" of study, I think our current situation is not "divinely" bad ( maybe I still don't know the truth, yet, but this is what I think anyway:). there are some "circumstances" that make it bad. One is the low level of teachers: If you see, most of my teachers last year were " freshmen" & with all do respect and appreciation for their effort I don't think they are helping us as they suppose to.If you want to have a good education that would actually help you some day in the "real life" you need to have good teachers.
Two, We are too many in the classes: Lets not blame all the teachers for every thing. they do have great touble dealing with 60 students in each class. That must be hard even for the good teachers. So in this point, I think I would blame the department,If you cant handle all these students, why accepting them inthe first place?.
Third,which is the most powerful reason Why we don't have a good training for the real lifeis.. Let's admit. We don't make enough effort we are lazy..we hate to work we hate books we hate teachers(professionally and for some socially too) . For Some of us, let's say the truth, for many of us studying is the last reason why they come to college. (after dating and..)

Finally, no wonder we come out of college worse then we get in. no wonder tat life is going to hit us like hell..and we may end up (...)
messi
messi

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://blida-english.bbactif.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Hello all,

Thank you for your replies. The thing about the Algerian education is that, it's for FREE. Well, I know some of you just can't get it, but we're blessed to at least have teachers, even if they are "freshmen" as messi described them. Have you known that a "freshman" spends on his/her students more than they recieve? Their salary is way too low, and actually, if they are still willing to carry on the job of teaching you, I don't see why but for your OWN sake. The least we can do now is to be so grateful for them, because they are doing their best. As for the over-crowded classes, if there were were additional classes, do you think the department wouldn't want to reduce the number of students in each group by spliting them into other groups? It's not as easy as it seems. The Algerian student is blessed (somehow) financially. "Wled Ezwawla" do have a chance to study and become "something" However, in most developed countries, you won't get such an education for less than 300 dinners a year! Think about it...
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by messi Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 pm

What a great idea PRIVITAZING UNIVERSITIES! I bet this would help improving the level of our education & training us to face the real life & no wonder you'll have to pay some money( as they sayالباطل يبطلhehehe).
and some poor ppl will not be able to carry their studies but look at the bright side we'll have fewer students at class..and you'll find in class only those who really wants to study...Teachers will have better conditions to teach & a better salary & all those " freshmens" will have to learn more before ruining our future. Believe me Mr I've studied CV one time with deffirent teachers ( one is "old" the other is "young" (in this job) it was like...watching some Charlie Chaplin film ( black & white..no sound) then watching another movie in 3D technology............Tell me that does'nt effect our "amusement" (Studying)

I swear a God I'll not waste any time studying under those freshmen's supervision anymore. Its' just a waste of time we don't lear anything Who am I kidding..I learnt just few thing last year that I would have been learnt better from books..If I would do the same my next two years I'll graduate but only with a stiff paper called "DIPLOMA"... and tell you the truth I would never teach ولادالناس because I'm just no qualified to do that...and who's to blame ???
matmoutch1
messi
messi

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://blida-english.bbactif.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 am

Messi,do you think that those who have money are the ones who really wanna study??!!Weired!!!I don't agree with you mate....
It's very clear that _always_ poor people are the brightest in all fields! And,as you said, easy come easy go!! Those who born rich can't understand what does it mean to be unabel to buy what you want to wear,to eat,and anything comes to your mind!!They can't taste the sweetness of having something after suffering for it,and hardly getting it!!
Anyway,instead of talking about your teachers in that way, you've to thank Allah at least you're _normally_ an intelectual and you can think deeply about your future,and remember dear mate,you're the one who decide how your future will be,none else.........Good luck for all of us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biba Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:04 am

Hello mates,I hope you are fine.
W_ch, what a nice topic!
Well, life is hard, so diploma, studying or science nowdays is a weapon. It's helpful or rather obligatory. However, the perception of this concept differs from one to another according to his/her situatuion. for instance, "wlad zawalya" as you said W look at this as a duty and as an opportunity to better their lives . On the other hand , rich ppl do not worry about this issue very much.
Anyway , Messi, respectfully but firmly I disagree with you about private universities. In other countries they pay even in governemental universities.
Biba
Biba

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down