Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animals in Sports and Entertainment

2 posters

Go down

Animals in Sports and Entertainment Empty Animals in Sports and Entertainment

Post by cookie Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:28 pm

hello dear mates

i want ur opinion in this topic

Should human beings be allowed to use other animals as objects of sport and entertainment?

i mean not about whether it is right for human beings to farm and eat other animals - this is covered in the debates on animal rights and vianegetarism. Neither is it about zoos, which are also covered in their own debate. Rather this debate is about various other uses of animals for sport, pleasure, and entertainment. A wide variety of examples from different cultures around the world might be brought into this debate: 'blood sports' such as fox and stag hunting, and fishing; forms of entertainment using performing animals, such as circuses; and sports in which animals perform for human enjoyment, such as horse racing and bull fighting. Views on these issues are often very culture-specific - e.g. some Spanish people may find it easy to accept bull fighting, or some British people may feel more sympathy with fox hunting - these practices can form part of a national culture. Nonetheless animal rights advocates find these to be the most indefensible ways that humans treat other animals. There are two parts to the proposition case: first, it is wrong in principle to exploit non-human animals in any way; secondly, there are many concrete examples of how animals are made to suffer in the context of sports and entertainment. As in any good debate, both sides should pay attention both to principled arguments and to concrete examples throughout the debate.This debate could be done, as it is here, as an overview of a whole range of uses of animals in sporting and entertainment contexts. Alternatively, one particular issue, such as hunting, circuses, or horse/dog racing, could be taken as the main focus.
cookie
cookie

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Animals in Sports and Entertainment Empty Re: Animals in Sports and Entertainment

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Well, this topic is very important and I don't know the answer.....
But I think it's ok if it won't hurt them; if it will, it is forbidden.....our Prophet (p.b.u.h) emphasized on the duty of treating animals well.

Back to top Go down

Animals in Sports and Entertainment Empty Re: Animals in Sports and Entertainment

Post by Thewolf Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Hello Cookie, Thank you very much, u bring what i love. God created animals for humans benefits, some of animals enjoy sharing humans their hobbies, like horses for example.
I enjoyed life with animals, like dears, lizards, rabbits and many different animals, i find some joy in eatting some of them like ( El-jarbou3, Dhab ) ... i can't see a cat die near me, but others, i don't care...
I 'm with sharing hobbies with animals, but i hate see them in circuses...the dog ( Slougi ) will enjoy with us in hunting...hahaha . i hope i answered u Cookie... Animals in Sports and Entertainment Icon_cat
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm

well angeleyes thank u rof ur padding & for ur answer
it seems that ur kind with animal
but in these sports they do hurt them unfortunatly
cookie
cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:47 pm

I do like some animals, and I think they have feelings and they get hurt; so we need to be merciful and know how to deal with them because they are alive beings.
And dear cookie, I hate watching circuses I don't know why, may be because of the poor animals............

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:39 pm

the wolf i am glad that i bring the topic u love
thank u for ur passing & i hope that u understand the msg
cookie
cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down