Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I improve my writing?

3 posters

Go down

How can I improve my writing? Empty How can I improve my writing?

Post by glourious Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Hello Everyone! ....I hope you are doing great!

I come to you asking for some help.
In very simple words: I want to improve my writing skills...Even though I can express all my thoughts; one way or another, I find
myself using very plain and simple words.I want to use better, sophisticated vocabulary...I want to be able to write like
hush or Izinma.So,..If you have some tips or...a magic potion please help!
glourious
glourious

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

How can I improve my writing? Empty Re: How can I improve my writing?

Post by sou4me Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi mate
I just want to advice you to take a look in this forum (https://blida-english.bbactif.com/grammar-and-writing-f8/all-you-need-about-writing-t33.htm?sid=51035ef07b1518a5e95a85e3a3439ad9) You will find every thing needed about writing skills , there are some interesting books also!
It really works for me, nchallah It will help you too brother.
SOU
sou4me
sou4me

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by IRON LADY Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 am

Hello my brother , if you ask your teachers or any other good writer this important question ,he / she will answer the following :
Readiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing .
and this is absolutley true , only by reading , reading , reading you can improve your skill of writing in addition to
practice as they said practice makes perfect , so you can write in all subjects and try to find some one to correct you , and you will be better Allah willing .
other thing my friend ; not always sophisticated language makes your piece of writing sounds better , also simple language in many times looks much beautiful .By the way one of our dear teachers said once " the word simple may also mean sth stupid beside the other meaning "
I wish my humble advice can help you , good luck .
IRON LADY
IRON LADY

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Thank you may friends for your help.
But I have a question concerning the effect of reading on writing.when you read a piece of writing How can you take the most of it and use in writing? for example, do you take sentences' structure or vocabulary from what you read and then use it in your writing? or how exactly can reading help my writing? How can I improve my writing? Icon_question
glourious
glourious

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by IRON LADY Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 am

For me Glourious when i started reading in English i could make difference between English and Arabic , though my level isn't that good but at least i can now avoid writing " Arabic English" , the act of reading allows you to feel the words and know either the structure is correct or not .For me my friend it is something abstract , i just enjoy reading and try to apply what i have learned on my pieces of writing , believe me it is workable .Just try to read with open eye ; not just read for the sense of reading but be aware of words ,closely observe the structure and try to make differences between what you are reading in English and other languages .Sorry 4 being that long and boring .Wish you the best brother .By the way i like what yr writing , go ahead .
IRON LADY
IRON LADY

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down