Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

speed reading

4 posters

Go down

speed reading Empty speed reading

Post by black_white Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:46 am

speed reading is the ability to read rapidly and with good understanding .this ability dose not come naturally as it is not learnd in schools .however it is a skill once learned can benefit the preson tremendously.speed readers are able to assimilate all the information in front of them in mere minutes as they are much more likely to excel in the learning of a new language.speed reading cources teach how to control certain habits that tend to slow readers.one of these bad habit is vocalizing in which the reader try to pronouce each word or syllable.other habit is regressing in which reader goes back to reread many lines.the third bad habit is fixating at words which the reader already knows.there are three good habits that can help to speed up person's reading and understanding at the same time one such is setting a clear aim for reading .the second one is concentrating and giving full attention to the text .the third one is pushing the reading speed even to alevel discomfort(yet not to complete confusion)
black_white
black_white

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

speed reading Empty Re: speed reading

Post by Ezinma Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:30 am

Thanks dearly Black_White (White_ White it better Wink ) for all your posts. I guess it's a good way to read... I guess it won't work with me at all, I can't read rapidly. I even spend a long time reading, this if I don't give it up.
Thanks again, I'll try follow this method and I'll see the outcomes. study

P.S Welcome dear White to the forum, I won't tell anybody that I know you, you just don't worry about that. Have a lovely time an read you soon and much
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

speed reading Empty Re: speed reading

Post by Londonhbb Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:54 am

Ah gr8 topic Black-white thnx a lot 4 u r participating here among us
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15