Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes you different?

+4
w_ch
imy
Hush
Ezinma
8 posters

Go down

What makes you different? Empty What makes you different?

Post by Hush Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:41 am

You might have heard someone telling someone else, or telling you, that "you're unique"! Does such a claim have a meaning? I guess every human being is unique and has what makes him different. Have you ever thought about what makes you different?
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

What makes you different? Empty Re: What makes you different?

Post by Ezinma Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello,
I've waited for a long time for someone to give a reply, unfortunately nobody did! So I decided to do that myself.

Yes it's really a very interesting question you asked. What makes us different from everyone else?
Is it our physical appearance, or is it the way we walk or talk that make us different? I guess not. It's true that each one of us has his special fingerprint, and his DNA, but I think this doesn't make one unique. It something more than that, a special feature or a quality that characterises each one.
To be honest I've never asked myself what makes me "me" and not somebody else. Only when I read this topic that I took a moment and thought about it, but I couldn't find a satisfying answer.
I thought also and I tried to recall whether someone had told before me you're unique, oh never ever. Exclamation
What shall I say to answer the question of the topic, then? I remember that the idea of having a sister that looks like me ( I mean twin) always bothered me and I thanked God that I'm not twin. Now I laugh when I remember how I used to think.
What makes me different is the way I think, for I'm sure that nobody on this planet thinks the way I do.
But the problem for me is not what makes one different, but whether people accept that one is not like the others or not?

Read you soon.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Thank you Ezinma, always faithfull, I owe you all my respect!

I beg our dear members pardon because I was not clear enough in this topic and that's why they didn't post! So I'll try to be more explicit.

The question I've asked seems simple and may be silly so let me explain why I've asked it. It's all about knowing oneself and you may remember the famous quote " Know Thyself". To know on self is premordial to live in harmony with others, so how can you live in harmony with others if you don't know yourself? I believe every human being has been endowed with something that makes him special, that makes him different, to be different is a fact but to recognise one's difference that's less evident.

The question you've asked Ezinma is quite important and people have an innate fear from the unknown and from what's different. This nature can be tamed when recognising the self. .

No need to say that it's but a point of view
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

What makes you different? Empty what makes you diferent?

Post by imy Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks for this topic it is interesting.I think knowing one self needs the confrontation with the OTHER,one can't discover if he is special or not except if there is something in him which is different from the others.I might not be correct but This is my point of view.
imy
imy

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello mates.Thank you Hush for this topic as well as for clarifying it since I had a little problem in understanding what was it about.I think the way I react towards problems is a kind of my "trade mark".Whan facing a trouble,I isolate my self from people and try to solve it alone.People often have the wrong idea about my behaviour during that time;they think I'm too proud to talk with them and that I'm arrogant,or even thah I'm trying to ditch them or neglet them.The fact is;however,the oppsite.I have been advised that this kind of thinking and behaving is neither healthy nor helpful,but what can I do?that's just the way I am.People look at me strangely and that makes me feel DIFFERENT than everybody.As already been said:"knowing oneself makes oneself feel comfotable about oneself ".I hope I've been clear enough euh11

Thank you and read you soon.
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:45 am

well..I think people like to hear that they are different..I personally do though what i've heard might be nothing but a shallow opinion with the possibility of being wrong..I do not know why.
Very interesting..
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by delkader Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:20 pm

thank you Hush,and best regards are to you let me go along with what W-ch said about being different,if you allow me ;I think that what makes me different is that I don't accept others advice about something unless they serve my point of view or at least my interest.

Sorry to be materialistic,but the rub was always here .

Anyway it's just a idea thatmight be wrong.

delkader

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear-headed Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 am

Hi ! Thank you Hush and all the members.
A diffecult question! I think every human is in a class of his own.In other words, everyone is unlike the others because Allah created us diffrent to live in the harmony you have mentioned Hush.
But the most important question I think is How can the one recognize what makes him special?
The way I see it is that the one should take his role in his society on thoroughly and perfectly.
Thank you again! CU
Clear-headed
Clear-headed

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzycat Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:54 pm

I think nobody can exactly tell you what make him or her different cause for everybody they re different for a plrnty of reasons that differs from each other

crazzycat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-27

http://www.3ddigitalwallpapers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down