Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book

5 posters

Go down

"In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book Empty "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book

Post by sassy86 Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 pm

الانترنت: مرحبا بك ايها الصديق
الكتاب: مرحبا بك

الانترنت: لقد سحبت البساط من تحت رجليك
الكتاب: لم أفهم ما تعنيه ايها الصديق
الانترنت: لقد أصبحت وسيله قديمه للمعلومات
الكتاب: ومن قال لك ذلك
الانترنت: فقدرتي على تخزين المعلومات لا تستطيع مجاراتها
الكتاب: قد اتفق معك في هذا
الانترنت: سرعة وصولي للمعلومه
الكتاب: استمر
الانترنت: من السهل تصفحي
الكتاب: واصل لو سمحت
الانترنت: استطيع ان اجذب مستخدميي
الكتاب: وماذا بعد
الانترنت: سرعة التحديث في المعلومات
الكتاب: هل انتهيت
الانترنت: هناك المزايا الاخرى .. ولكن ساكتفي بذلك

الكتاب: أيها الصديق .. لا يختلف اثنان على ما قلت واوافقك الرأي فيما قلت ولكنني مازلت
أقف على قدماي .. ايها الصديق من الذي يتصفحك؟ وأقصد معظم روادك يدخلون عليك ليس
من أجل الفائده بل التسليه وحتى لو فرضنا ان من دخلك من أجل الفائده لا يدخل لقراءة كل المعلومات والتفاصيل
بل لاستخراج معلومه

الانترنت: وماذا بعد
الكتاب: أظل أنا مصدر موثوقا به أكثر منك لأنك من السهل تحريفك واللعب بكلماتك ..

الانترنت: ولكنني أنا الذي أصبحت خير جليس في هذا الزمان
الكتاب: ولكن أي جليس؟ أشك بأنك خير جليس .. سأقول لك يا أيها الصديق شئ سأجعلك
لا تتكلم من بعدي..
الانترنت: ماذا تقول؟
الكتاب: يكفينا فخرا بأنني أوضع بين الاحضان عندما أقرأ وأداعب بتحريك صفحاتي واحمل بكل رفق ..
بينما انت لا تعمل الا بالضرب على مفاتيحك وفضلا عن ذلك فإنك تصاب بكثير من الفيروسات
التي من شأنها ان تعطل العمل بك مما يؤثر على الاستفاده منك.
وهنا سكت الانترنت ..
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

"In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book Empty Re: "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book

Post by sabine Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 pm

I totally agree with you sister it's worth reading. I like reading books but I just can't live without internet "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 577518 (I get the majority of needed books thanks to internet)
Thank you soo much dear for sharing it "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 865413
sabine
sabine

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

"In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book Empty Re: "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book

Post by princess smile24 Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 pm

It's totally right ........ I liked the one about virus which is my problem lol! but we can't neglect of course my dear friend the book especially when it comes to the novels. cha3ir1 I like taking a novel with me wherever I go. nice post sassy thanks. "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 865413
princess smile24
princess smile24

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2012-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by aspire Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 am

very true! we connect to the net to download books (among other things), but we dont read books to look for the net. hope it doesn't look like the allegory of the egg and the hen (smiles).
thx sassy 86, but i admit to have a problem with the "but" in your title. i think u used it because it's an English forum, not because Arabic is....
salam

aspire

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi mates! So nice to see you all so active ! WOUHOU love it!
You're welcome guys, I'm so glad you loved it!

Yeah!!!! WE are SO ADDICTED to the net and God, we just can't survive without it but according to me there's nothing dearer to me like reading late at night in my bed or writing! Wow, that's the 'summum' for me!

But we just download thousand books and we never read them Evil or Very Mad (or at least not all). BUT if I buy a book, I'm almost sure I'm gonna read it Twisted Evil
(or maybe, because spending my dear money hurts "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 770345Ouch )

@ Aspire: No, it's just because it's an English forum Wink I really love Arabic. My students are always amazed to see me translate words for them in classical Arabic and write them on the board, as if it's a forbidden language or what??!! scratch But then i'v understood why it was shocking for them, because for many other English teachers using French is okay but not Arabic! "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 317970
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by aspire Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 pm

There are two of us then! great!
we quote in french and German and Italian in our academic work, but rarely do so in Arabic! When i did it my supervisor was upset! proud but not chauvinistic
salam

aspire

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Karim_Rap_4_Life Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:30 pm

“What a good reaction what a good attitude of a real dude could make us feel good called a book”. Reading a book is better and classic but reading through the net is something sick and make the reader tired. There is a romance between the book and the reader. I like the smell of old books and I like touching the old yellow papers of old books written in English or Arabic.

I’ve download more than 300 books English, Arabic, French…..in reality I read just 15 books at most. I felt hurt reading them and at the end I don’t remember the content of that books except one which was titled “Speak English like Americans” it was divided into 5 units and each unit contains 5 lessons and ends with a test and a cross word game. Each lesson ends with an exercise. And the book itself end with a huge cross word game called “Challenge Crossword puzzle”, So I finished that book in 2 weeks and repeated it twice again. Doing the exercises, the test and the crossword games I did great and the mark was “Excellent” in eatch unit and all the crossword game missing nothing you know why because I was writing everything in a copybook and do the exercises and correct them by myself just like I’m learning in classroom and this was affective actually this is my way of learning Grammar from books downloaded from the Internet.

This is one of the few books that I can remember even if I have dealt with them for 5 years at least but still stocked in my left brain.

I remember one day there was no light services due to the stormy weather I lied down in my bed and there was a candle and started looking here and there then I grabbed a book and started reading an hour, two I don’t know I just could not stop reading I liked that environment and condition. That day I began to understand why that small lamp put in the desk because If the light is less bright this will let the reader focusing better and If it’s the opposite there will be a lack of concentration and this so real you can try it.
Now the Internet is a source of troubles in my point of view especially for our kids and adults. I guarantee the great majority of Arab youths relate the net with that corrupted site of the free masons the strangest chat site covered under the social contact services of people around the world. Net is a sickness for me but there is one or two good things I like most about Internet which is Forums and communication with other English speakers around the country. Learning English as a foreign language deserve us to read books listen to speakers especially Native speakers without forgetting the productive skills writing and speaking and this could be through Chat and forums.
Since I tied my self using the internet I lost my friendship with books whether written in Arabic or English. I waste my time reading through the net and I’m trying to organize the time hence special time for books and special time for Net and this would be great in my point of view. Mixing the two mediums is beneficial in some cases as illustrated with the following example:
If you buy a novel for example “Great Gatsby” reading this book you will find some difficulties you’ll hear for once or twice a phrase of American Dream but as you notice in the novel there is no wide explanation for it. Of course reading Articles and sites for literary Analysis. Imagine you’re not a student how could you get information about the American dream talking logically we’re living in Algeria if you wanted to know more about the concept of American dream would you find it in our libraries of course not and if you do maybe you could find in the north cities so what about the southern cities and the In-cities talking about my Wilaya there were no interesting English books available even the Magazines, I guess the point is clear here.
Another need to prove the point that mixing both mediums is a must. Reading some American novels the reader encounter a dialect words as we know no dialect vocabularies are explained neither in dictionaries nor in a specified modules in university. But in the net There is an online dictionaries where you could find an explanation to any dialect word you want to know. As a real example take a look In (Urban Dictionary) Trust it!
Mixing the two is better but relying on one of them only is not enough and it would be catastrophic using the Net only.
I’ll try to post an article about Reading in General here as soon as possible.
Karim_Rap_4_Life
Karim_Rap_4_Life

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Karim_Rap_4_Life wrote:
I remember one day there was no light services due to the stormy weather I lied down in my bed and there was a candle and started looking here and there then I grabbed a book and started reading an hour, two I don’t know I just could not stop reading I liked that environment and condition. That day I began to understand why that small lamp put in the desk because If the light is less bright this will let the reader focusing better and If it’s the opposite there will be a lack of concentration and this so real you can try it.

This is SOOOOOOO true Karim!!!! It happened to me!!!!

I read books (printed ones I mean) only when I have problems and I want to keep in my room and don't wanna see anybody (and in this case the net can't disrupt me coz the computer is not in my room) Very Happy lol
Or when I have to do some boring stuff like invigilating an exam Razz So I take a novel with me! hahaha

I recently went to the hospital to visit my best friend, and guess what : my friend HATES reading!!! And I found her reading a novel!!!!! Shocked She laughed and said: "What??!!!! I'm just bored here alone heheheheh ) lol!
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Karim_Rap_4_Life Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm

yeah that's true actually I did the same during invigilating yeah inorder to not get bored ha ha
Karim_Rap_4_Life
Karim_Rap_4_Life

Back to top Go down

Post by princess smile24 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:15 pm

you see? we can't live with no books, that's whyIlove that age of: NO net, NO T.V and NO technologies....... lol! just creative minds and, playwrights and novelists...... cha3ir1
princess smile24
princess smile24

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2012-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:19 pm

hehehehe Princess, but life without net is just a nightmare for me Shocked "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 357563
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Karim_Rap_4_Life Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 pm

as I told you we need the both follow the explanation you will understand what I mean .............by the way how r u hhhhh "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 1463636387
Karim_Rap_4_Life
Karim_Rap_4_Life

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Karim!! Where have you been today?? "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 357563 Haven't seen you on Djelfa!
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Karim_Rap_4_Life Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm

yes I'm dealing with a problem when I tell you you will say
OIhh Ya Allah what is this?

a problem concerning my new work

by the way yesterday I read your story I wrote my comments ina floppy disc but I did not bear it I could not post them here I'll tomorrow okaaaaay and I like it
Karim_Rap_4_Life
Karim_Rap_4_Life

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Ah, ghir el khir Karim?? E-mail me okay and tell me
InchaAllah khir
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Karim_Rap_4_Life Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 pm

sure I'll thanks "In Arabic, but it's worth reading" Conversation between the net and the book 500631
Karim_Rap_4_Life
Karim_Rap_4_Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down