Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology?

4 posters

Go down

How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology? Empty How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology?

Post by mimi cici Thu May 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Research paper methodology typically involves qualitative research or quantitative research, or a mixture of both. A quantitative research paper methodology involves the analysis of data collected from a large number of surveys or interviews. On the other hand, methodologies for qualitative research often involve using surveys or interviews to collect information about people — their attitudes, experiences and behaviors. In general, determining whether to use quantitative versus qualitative methodology depends on the topic and area of study. One way to get an idea of the type of research paper methodologies in your area of study is to look at previous research papers on your topic to find a pattern. For example, most research in the field of psychology involves qualitative or mixed research methodologies, whereas most research in the area of computer science involves quantitative methodologies.
Another good way to choose the best research paper methodology is to look at your research questions and what you are studying. If your research questions are more exploratory and investigative — asking how or what — they are usually best answered with qualitative or mixed methods. If your research question makes a hypothesis or a statement that needs to be proven right or wrong, then you would generally use a quantitative methodolo
gy. jouliya
mimi cici
mimi cici

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology? Empty Re: How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology?

Post by NORINET Mon May 28, 2012 12:07 am

Research is all about methodology. Choosing the appropriate methodology is of crucial importance. Let me sum up mimi's topic. In order to select you research paper methodology you need:
1. to look at previous research papers on your topic to find a pattern.
OR
to look at your research questions and what you are studying.

Thank you mimi for the insights.

NORINET
NORINET

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology? Empty Re: How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology?

Post by sassy86 Mon May 28, 2012 10:47 am

Thank you both, very instructive
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi cici Mon May 28, 2012 5:11 pm

You are most welcome Guys

jouliya
mimi cici
mimi cici

Back to top Go down

Post by selma sasou Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:22 pm

thank u[b]
selma sasou
selma sasou

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi cici Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 pm

How Do I Choose the Best Research Paper Methodology? 1463636387
mimi cici
mimi cici

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down