Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best movie ever

+10
the youth
faith forever!!
hope
louli
Ezinma
bryne_kh2000
Hush
Virtopia
Clown
Chichidodo
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The best movie ever Empty The best movie ever

Post by Hush Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Hello mates, I am a staunch lover of the seventh art and I wanted to share some films with you that moved me. There are a lot of them that I'll never forget and some of them are:

Dead Poets Society ( le Cercle Des Poètes Disparus), Into The Wild, The departed (Les Infiltrès), Virgin Suicides, Fracture, Silence Of The Lambs ( Le Silence Des Agneaux), Hannibal, Legend of the Fall ( Legende d'automne), Meet Joe Black (Rencontre Avec la Mort), Fight Club, The Ring "1 & 2", The Grudge "1 & 2", Saw "1,2,3 & 4", The House Of Nine, The Eye, The Last Castle ( Le Dernier Chateau), The Crow (Le Corbeau), Underworld " 1 & 2", Queen of the Damned (La Reine Des Damnès), Requiem For A Dream, Lake House, City Of Angels (La Cité Des Anges), Hamlet " The one of Kenneth Branagh"...

What about you?
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

The best movie ever Empty Re: The best movie ever

Post by Chichidodo Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:15 am

Some of my best movies are: Shooter, The Recruit, Man of the Year
Chichidodo
Chichidodo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:43 am

What a wonderful movie I have seen tonight! It's The Great Debaters with Denzel Washington, a drama inspired from the true story of Melvin B. Tolson, a professor at Wiley College Texas that formed a debate team and went till they have beaten Harvard University. It's a story about racisme in the 1930's and how a group of young black-skinned debaters could reach the top. What I've liked the most is the reflections contained in it and especially topics of debate. Mediate upon the last topic they have debated Wink
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Clown Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:03 pm

I liked bubble boy Very Happy

Very Happy Keep your smiles on Very Happy
Clown
Clown

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi , I like Possession with Gwyneth Paltrow, Aaron Eckhart .. But my favourite is A Beautiful Mind.

Last edited by Asma on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes)
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtopia Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:25 pm

That's good we have many lovers of the seventh art here.You know Hush i gonna see The Great Debaters today and i'll tell you! .
I really like movies but sometimes one can't have everything he wishes.....

Last edited by Virtopia on Wed May 06, 2009 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Virtopia
Virtopia

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Ok so we'll discuss it later when you see it!
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

The best movie ever Empty The Great Debaters

Post by Virtopia Sat May 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Hello mates
Result:I have a right to resist......pray I chose the latter.
As I told you Hush I trust your taste I really liked the Great Debaters and hope I'll be one day as great as them cause we have as heavy issues as theirs.
Title:The Great Debaters
Why you decided to see it: first because I'm a staunch lover of movies like you all here.Second cause I heard about it a lot from a colleague no! a friend whose taste is ,like yours Hush,trustworthy.
Anyway I saw it and I liked it though i would have enjoyed it more if "abridged" بتصرف Smile .
Some sentences that moved me:
"Negro people are not a color in the American fabric byt they are the thread that holds it all together"
"The time for justice, the time for freedom and the time for equality is always always right now"
" Keep the slave physically strong and psychologically weak.Keep the body, take the mind"
However, the best quotations are to be found in the last debate which you asked Hush to meditate upon.
In the last debate our G debaters are facing Harvard Univ and they are without their teacher(Oh! Danzel Washington i like that actor) moreover the topic have been changed in the last moment into "Civil Disobedience is a more weapon in the fihgt for justice" a beautiful topic isn't it?
I liked the analogy made(or i tried to make) between the arguments of both teams.
Harvard:Non-violence is the mask civil disobedience wears to conceal its true face.
G.D(Wiley College):Civil disobedience is after all an American concept.
Virtopia: You see to what an extent the Americans and their concepts are hypocrite.

Harvard:"The beauty and the of burden of democracy is this, no idea prevails without the support of the majority.The people decide the moral issues of the day not a majority of one
Virtopia: Are the people and majority deciding in our so-called democratic countries.
G.D:" Majority never decide what is right and wrong, your conscience does, so why should a citizen surrender his or her conscience to that legislation."
However, the best statement I ever heard is the last argumentthat announced the end of the debate:
"I have a right even a duty to resist by violence or civil disobedience, you should pray I chose the latter"
Virtopia:"I have a duty even an obligation to disobey by violence or civil disobedience, you can't expect what I gonna chose"
Mates, I suggest to open a new topic where we are to debate some issues we propose on each other.I suggest also to name it either "The Great Debaters" or "The Hot Spot" .

Last edited by Virtopia on Wed May 06, 2009 11:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : To be continued)
Virtopia
Virtopia

Back to top Go down

Post by bryne_kh2000 Fri May 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Hello . First of all we must confess that American movies are the best movies ever . and what makes them unique is the end of thier movies : they are over optimistic . and i like this way of dealing with the protagonist.anyway , i think this is an other important subject , and i am making a direct request from here to the ADMIN just to make a special window to this obstract subject.ok.

Talking about movies , there are plenty of tremendous movies , but the most i like are : DEAD POETS SOCIETY & THE GREAT DEBATERS. Talking about debates , have you ever heard about the debates which are held every wendsday evening (from 14.00 to 16.00 ) .you know , they are great , and the subjects taken in the debates are deserve to be debated.for example the last wensday , they talked about RACISM IN HEART OF DARKNESS . The next debate will held in 13/05/2009 at 14.00 in the 8th building.And they will talk about AFRICAN LIT .ok.from this tribune , i invite anyone who is intersted to attend the debate.ok.Thank you.
bryne_kh2000
bryne_kh2000

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Fri May 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi, Mr.Bryne I think I don't agree with you, what about the Algerian movies!, aren't they the best!!!? huh ? Question
Optimism is part of the American unique identity and it's reflected in their movies. It's a flaw I think, as if those movies transmit the idea that life is not tough, all is well and beautiful...
It seems that all of you here saw Dead Poet Society and the Great Debaters, oh! poor me! poor me, it's been a month I think since I watched TV cou7a
By the way, I didn't hear about the debate you're talking about!, is anyone invited?
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by bryne_kh2000 Fri May 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi ASMA. I DO respect your opinion about movies.About the debates , you are all invited to join the debate.okay ! don't forget , wensday at 14.00 .I will be there too inchalah. catch you later , bye
bryne_kh2000
bryne_kh2000

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat May 09, 2009 3:03 am

Asma wrote:Hi, Mr.Bryne I think I don't agree with you, what about the Algerian movies!, aren't they the best!!!? huh ? Question

I assert that the Algerian movies are the most striking! The exemple is a scene taken from a movie which I don't remember the title, the scene is inside a train where the protagonist ( Hamidou, the one who sings "serwal eloubia") wanted to chat up with a girl, so he took out of his jacket a bar of Chewing gum and told her " tekli chwingum?!) I will never forget such a master-piece!!! Otherwise, there are war movies about the Algerian revolution which are great and we don't get bored watching them again and again. Another everlasting master-piece is "Elrissala" which is one of my favourite movies EVER.

For the American movies are good because they invest so much in them, and the actors are carefully and neatly selected! But not all American movies are good, some of them are worse than " Tekli Chwingum"! I the final word is everything is a a matter of taste!
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat May 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Virtopia wrote:
Harvard:Non-violence is the mask civil disobedience wears to conceal its true face.
G.D(Wiley College):Civil disobedience is after all an American concept.
Virtopia: You see to what an extent the Americans and their concepts are hypocrite.

Civil disobedience is not an American concept, it's has been only theorised and given its name by H.D.Thoreau. The concept in itself is a wonderful intuition but its application may go wrong. The problem with civil disobedience is that it can easily be drown into an infernal dive into violence.

Virtopia wrote:
Harvard:"The beauty and the of burden of democracy is this, no idea prevails without the support of the majority.The people decide the moral issues of the day not a majority of one
Virtopia: Are the people and majority deciding in our so-called democratic countries.
G.D:" Majority never decide what is right and wrong, your conscience does, so why should a citizen surrender his or her conscience to that legislation."

Neither the individual consciousness, nor the majority should decide, I think we should have a check and balance system for decision.

Virtopia wrote:
However, the best statement I ever heard is the last argumentthat announced the end of the debate:
"I have a right even a duty to resist by violence or civil disobedience, you should pray I chose the latter"
Virtopia:"I have a duty even an obligation to disobey by violence or civil disobedience, you can't expect what I gonna chose"
Mates, I suggest to open a new topic where we are to debate some issues we propose on each other.I suggest also to name it either "The Great Debaters" or "The Hot Spot" .
I do agree.

I don't wanna make further comments waiting for others to see the movie.
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Sun May 10, 2009 2:51 am

bryne_kh2000 wrote:About the debates , you are all invited to join the debate.okay ! don't forget , wensday at 14.00 .I will be there too inchalah. catch you later , bye

Thank you Mr.Bryne for informing us!...African Literature, that's great!!

'tekli Chwingum'... Laughing Laughing..Oh Hush! you made me laugh to tears, though I'm not in the mood. You see why the Algerian movies are nice, because they made you laugh! 'teklou chwingum' miamiam1 !!!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtopia Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Yes Asma you are welcome to attend the Debate wednesday, May the 14th at 2:00 pm.

The topic will be let's say in the sense "Africa has no literary tradition" i.e in the pre-colonial era and even we are going to question the suitability of the current African writings to be classified within the mainstream of literature.We have one team which is in the affirmative and the other is against the statement.Asma I want you to come equiped with arguments either for or against.See you Wednesday.
Virtopia
Virtopia

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtopia Sun May 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Ahaaaaaa! I now understand,Hush why you didn't comment on my post on the movie.You thought I'll be angry or sad if you disagree with what I've written.This's not the case with me at all.I'm not a little girl who snached of her doll bursts into ceaseless tears, or an adolescent who gets angry if a guy tells her " tekli chmingum"(not even chwingum) while she wants to hear another word.I'm someone who is willing and ready to learn no matter how many times I make mistakes, or how many obstacles slap me on the face, since they are the fuel of my voyage towards Success.

I really can't imagine my life without downs cause they give meaning to my ups.
So Hush never be reserved in your comments on what I write but as far as they are objective, and I'm sure they are!
Virtopia
Virtopia

Back to top Go down

Post by louli Thu May 14, 2009 5:15 pm

the best movie i hav ever seen is A WALK TO REMEMBER i adore this movie
louli
louli

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2009-05-14

http://www.business.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Thu May 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Yes it's nice plz1 , sorry, but I always cry when I watch it.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Thu May 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Even if it is a good movie, there are plenty of movies that are better than A Walk To Remember. Try to watch My Sassy Girl or Atonement and tell me then your opinion.
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by hope Fri May 15, 2009 9:36 pm

did you guys see the titanic i bet u all didnt see it !!so try to watch it it just waw :lol!:kidding my best is Shakespeare in Love and also gothika but still insisting to see titanic also dark floors
hope
hope

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

The best movie ever Empty I love movies

Post by faith forever!! Sun May 17, 2009 1:42 am

hi guys..I have seen a lot of movies and series and I think that the best romantic movie is wicker park I love you , the best scream movie is the grodge Twisted Evil , the best social movie is coach carter sunny ,the best comidy movie is liar..liar Laughing , the best musical movie is dream girls afro, the best action movie is black hock down silent , the best romantic serie is north shore, the best comidy serie is scrubs ,the best drama serie is army wives and for me the best serie ever grey's anatomy and after it with a degree comes ER... they are two series which talk about medicine and hospitals... that's me and that's about me
faith forever!!
faith forever!!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:47 pm

It's kind of difficult to tell one's favorite movie when having watched a lot of movies.I like to suggest..best actors..mine r "Al Pacino" "Nicolas Cage"and"Russel Crow".....How about u people..
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:37 pm

What about?:catch me if you can(Hanks and Leonardo), saving private Ryan(Hanks and Matt Damon), blood diamond(Leonardo), Pearl Harbor(Benaflik and Hartnet), Wicked Park(Harnet), pay check(Benaflik).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Of course: Alpaccino, Robert di Nero, Brad Pit, Hofman and Hanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:25 pm

THE BEST MOVIES EVER ARE TWO IN MUH POINT OF VIEW PRIDE( wich tells bout the sacrifices of the black people during the 60 IN AMERICA ) and THE LAST CASTLE wich tells abat the brave old warrior who get in jail and he fought to make things right unfortunatelly he died at the end in order to .......... YOU GOTTA WATCH'EM GUYS !!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum