Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS

+4
pacific
Thewolf
burself
sou4me
8 posters

Go down

I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS Empty I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS

Post by Londonhbb Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:04 pm

I've read this from another forum but I get confused so any one of u can help plz
"FOR MUSLIM BROTHERS CORRECTION
Assalamu Alaikum, Its been observed that most of us write "MOSQUE" for "Masjid" and even calling it as Mosque in daily routine, what elders and teachers say that the word "MOSQUE" means the house of mosquitoes not Masjid. So better be careful next time instead of writing mosque, u can write MASJID it doesn't matter. Most we have seen the spelling of MAKKAH as MECCA. the word MECCA means "Sharab Khaana/(whisky house). So let all of us careful of writing MECCA. Many people, whose names start with MUHAMMAD, write in a short form as "Mohd". This "Mohd" means "A dog which has a big mouth".
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS Empty Re: I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS

Post by sou4me Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:03 am

Hi!
It's a very interesting topic mate. actually , i've read about MOSQUE and I'm not using it since that time. But the others I just know and it seems believebal..so why not avoiding such small mistakes!!
THANKS a lot for the information Londonhbb I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS Icon_smile
May ALLAH bless u
sou4me
sou4me

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS Empty Re: I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS

Post by burself Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:59 pm

thanks alot.We need these very interesting ideas... especially concerning our religion ISLAM....
burself
burself

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello, even if your words are true, they will not change a thing. we always fight about halal and haram..that word is ture or false...that is why we are in the rest.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Mates I'm not informing U but I'm asking help . I want to ensure this information .
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Back to top Go down

Post by pacific Fri May 14, 2010 8:25 pm

salamo alikom ,,
ok , the thing that u have mentioned is true , and i've heared it from many scholars ,wheather muslims by origin or those who converted to islam like yucuf eastes ... any way , do not be confused because what you have said is ture , and normally other ppl have to name our things that just excit in our religion or cluture with our names . So, though the west world has the sound / th / in thier language but they call الما ذن by muzzin ,so they do every thing by purpose . One day , i 've heared a convert muslim commenting upon the word MUSLIM and he said that in the western culture , when they want to call you to identify your religion they say MUSLIM but when they want to abuse you they call you MUZLIM , right . so do not be confused about thing that they are known , they are just reached you latly .and bear in mind that we are attacked in all levels .salamo alikom.

Last edited by pacific on Fri May 14, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistypping)
pacific
pacific

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by soso Sat May 15, 2010 4:25 am

Hi
thank u fr these information .really it is very interesting and we should be aware of that simply because we have to defend and protect our religion.
salam

soso

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 pm

thnx a lot pacific
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Back to top Go down

Post by Big brother Sat May 15, 2010 1:12 pm

yah, it's Masjid not Mosque........

The information that you have mentioned it's well-founded. The jewish and other non-believers used the word "mosque" instead of "masjid" to scorn and humiliate the muslims .

Big brother

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks a lot, precious information.

Back to top Go down

Post by JOKER Sat May 22, 2010 7:08 pm

This is what I found in many dictionaries : from M.Fr. mosquée, from It. moschea, from Sp. mesquita
(modern mezquita), from Arabic masjid :sajada "temple, place of worship,",
Maybe u confused the spelling of the word in spanish with the english spelling of the other word; personally, I don't see any problem, however, since it's our language and our culture and religion, I prefer to use Masdjid instead and avoid any confusion ! (and God knows what's their intent)
I'm confused to believe or not ! SOS Icon_exclaim
JOKER
JOKER

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down