Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Africa and developpment

5 posters

Go down

Africa and developpment Empty Africa and developpment

Post by TheUkrainian Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Africa can not be developped unless Africans grant their land to Europeans

What do you think ?( Justify your answer by concrete convincing arguments )[/i]
TheUkrainian
TheUkrainian

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Africa and developpment Empty Re: Africa and developpment

Post by Ezinma Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:49 am

Hello mates,

Well let's approach your statement in search for the duality you're following (since that's how we usually analyze issues and debates before we normally establish our own position. We search for the duality hidden and then analyze it, if our thinking is critical)

The duality of thinking here or the polarity—that of conceiving the whole matter in terms of two opposites; is between Africans and Europeans. In other words, black-white, superior-inferior, or the most frequently used one: good-evil. So having discerned the duality (Europeans-Africans), one can easily spot that there's no balance between these two opposite sides. And although it's wonderful to not have just one side (Europeans) for we have the "Other" (Africans), but the latter is always placed as inferior. Remember, the principle of duality (known as binary oppositions, but that's more literary) dominates Western Philosophical tradition and thinking, and Westerners chose to be superior, good, positive, intelligent, human, civilized ... etc for they are white. It's deep-rooted in Western thought that white people are up and others are down (duality), they're civilized and developed others are uncivilized, undeveloped (opposition again). So in the light of what have been said and according to your assumption on Africa's development as related to Europe's 'greatness' (Africa cannot be developed unless Africans grant their land to Europeans), it's thrilling to remember the famous civilizing mission claimed by many European countries, and which aimed at civilizing, developing African countries. Well we all know, historians recorded that there were hidden aims behind this mission. France wanted to gain prestige after being defeated by Germany. England too had its own interests there and so on. And the Berlin Conference of 1885 revealed the true "civilizing mission", as mission for dividing a continent each country took its share.

It's said that the past has shaped the present, and that history can be used as a model for imitation to avoid falling in the same pitfalls of the past.

That's all for now, I may add later if a new idea springs to my mind.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by glourious Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:54 am

Hi everyone!
well, basically, I don't agree with this idea . the Europeans will not "develop" Africa instead they will use it to build their own empire.Let's take for example the French' occupation of Algeria, eventhough France was considering Algeria as a part of France and it built the roads,the railroads and the buildings but that was never meant to develop OUR way of living .so if you can call that situation a development then maybe you are right!
glourious
glourious

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 am

Hello,

Nobody knows the Future except for Allah(SWT). In the middle ages,Who would think that Europe will develop to her current economic,political and social status? They were living their darkest ages;whereas,Muslims were the leaders of the world. Looking to this unexpected change of roles,it's impossible to predict what's about to happen in the future. Yet,what's sure and certain is that, the European colonization "interrupted" the natural progressive development of Africa. I'm not saying Africa would be a developed contenent,but the European colonization had surely a negative impact on it.

Do you believe that the Europeans colonized Africa for the sake of Africans themselves? May be they wanted to civilize us like they said. They spent lots of money,lost many lives,just to see us grow and develop. That's silly! Their philanthropic ideas and their claimed holy missions are just covers to rip off Africa's precious raw materials...That's a common sense. I disagree with you; I don't think they will better Africa's situation. Haven't they done enough already?

I believe another intervention will worsen the situation rather than improving it. That's just my opinion,looking forward to read yours.
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:33 am

First of all i want thank you for the question.
Sorry because i don't like long answers.
AFRICA IS STILL UNDER OCCUPATION, WE ARE STILL NOT FREE, HOW WE GIVE THEM THING THEY HAVE ALREADY STOLEN ?
we will develope when we liberate ourselves from followership.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down