Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Religion or a powerful Opium?

+3
Ezinma
black_white
Hush
7 posters

Go down

A New Religion or a powerful Opium? Empty A New Religion or a powerful Opium?

Post by Hush Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:46 pm

No I am not going to talk about atheism though it's a "religion", nor about a new religion based on some metaphysical gods or godesses, nor about a religion that has less believers than gods; It's not about Heroine or Cocaine or a new herbal-made opium!

I simply men FOOTBALL, I was outside a few moments ago, not really to watch the match but to see the different reactions of people and I was amazed! People were in a real trance, the impact of every move of "the national" team or the "other" team makes them react in a stunning way! The adepts are of all ages, of both genders, of all-over the world! The temples are not the churches or mosques or synagogue, they are called stadiums. People pray there or in front of a TV or sometimes a radio.

The impact is so powerful and they believe (as any other believer in any other religion) that his "team" is playing for the whole country or better say "NATION".

You've all witnessed the business that's behind that and only a fool wants to hide the sun with a sieve!

Can anybody makes me understand cause I think I am a disbeliever!
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

A New Religion or a powerful Opium? Empty Re: A New Religion or a powerful Opium?

Post by black_white Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:40 am

Well i wont be of great help concerning this topic because I m one of those people you are talking about, and I would lie if I say I m not sad because they lost,ok I admit that sometimes we exaggerate and even go beyond the limits but you know what I think that people are fed up of their economic and social situation to the extent that football become their only rose colored glasses through which they view their world and personally I prefer the football as being their chief solace rather than cocaine or something els.(I hope that we ll win back the next match
black_white
black_white

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

A New Religion or a powerful Opium? Empty Re: A New Religion or a powerful Opium?

Post by Ezinma Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:52 am

A: "Keep them busy, keep them mentally and emotionally occupied… no need to contrive plans for conduction, let it be like an act of worship!"

B: Yes, isn't it the best way to forget about everything around, to purge out of one's unpleasant thoughts and sucky life?! Isn't it an effective relief?

A: Absolutly, absolutly true Mr. B... Just like in labs

P.S. I may be exaggerating, though that's how I conceive it.
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NANA Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:08 am

Unfortunately what you've said is true Hush people are worshiping the FOOTBALL they simply became mad of it. in fact i was really stressed today because of this match and i'm still, but i know at the end it's just a game, and i know also if God wante us to win we will win Inchallah but if not we have to accept what Allah want and do for us. My God bless our team and help them to win Inchallah.
NANA
NANA

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bilinda Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 pm

well .you know something i do believe that they were playing for the nation ,and for our country .unfortunately we lost ,but we lost a battle and not the war.i still have hope even if we loose the most important that we won a team .between brakets i prefer that the Algerians wear a t-shirt of BOUGARA or ZIANI rather than a t-shirt of some players from other countiers.i pray God that they win and 1...2...3...viva l'ALGERIE.
bilinda
bilinda

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:55 pm

I was upset too because tey didn't win but that was my emotional side, I am trying not to talk to that part in you, that animalistic part of "emotions" (not feelings), I am talking about all this hatred that is launched by what was "meant" to be a game (actually it was never meant to be a game, think about gladiators!)

My fellow country(wo)man, I love my country so bad but I don't want to be blinded by love (though love is blind). I don't like the idea of being blinded by frivolous matters, I've seen people insulting each other yesterday, people doing "bad" things, some were shooting up (herbal drug),etc. Is this what you really want, are you ready to pay such a price for the "victory" of the "national" team?! Please I just want the game to be a game and no more, and it won't be a game if we don't separate the game from money and power! Yesterday I saw a whole people upset, wallah more than the time of Ghaza! Can you tell me if it's only a game how could it be?!

I don't want my people and my folow country(wo)man to be this way. I want them to be happy and strong, I want them to be conscious, to be better than a simple flock of sheep led by a grip of wolves! Please be ahead of these nullities, please you're better than all this!!!

Bilinda I feel sorry to hear you saying "you lost a battle and not the war", is it a war?!

Be it clear that I am not against football or against the team, I love the game but not the outcomes of the game, not the extent the game took and still takes. To be honest I want Algeria to win and I felt upset when they lost but mostly because of what some Egyptians did and more about their rotten media but I am still saying the bet is not the one who's strong and can knwck the others out but the best is the one who can control himself when angry.

I still wish "our" team to win the match but I won't be so upset if they didn't cause life isn't about football! (at least mine is not)

Sorry to bother you with my post but I felt is my duty to do so.

Salam
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bilinda Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:56 pm

well thank you very much for what you wrote ,but i do swear i didn't mean that it is a war between us i just used the proverb to say that we still have another chance.i do agree with you in all what you said because your are 100/100 right .the thing is that i wanted them to win because i saw in the eyes of the algerians a love a hope and a lot of feelings for their country , so i did not want them to be upset.again you may misunderstand me , and rank me among those people who are blind , and they do not understand that it is a game. i am not like this .i was the first who was against .at the end thank you ,and you do not bother me i like to learn and understand more .
salam
bilinda
bilinda

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NANA Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:16 pm

First you didn't bother us at all Hush by your post, you are right as bilinda said 100/100 in what you've said. We all love our nation and also want our team to win Inchallah. But what happened and what is happening because of football is absolutly wrong . unfortunately we forget even the L' AID L KABIR we forget the Hadje blieve me this is shame on us all, just a game made us like that we were suppose to be angry and to travel to fight when the jewish were killing our brother .
NANA
NANA

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Aa Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Hello:
To be honest, I wasn't expecting such a mass stress Over something like a football match. but "it's Egypt" So I like To say that the reason is this country or maybe its Citizens, its Political Behavior Over Ghaza "if you know what i meant..."
In Other words...we Kept some Pressure Over This country, so The Last two Meetings(Cairo, Khartoum) Were Like The volcano hole to provide all this Soulshaking and Stress...Unfortunately It's now taking a political dimention, which could be Overdone for the relationship between the Two nations.

Aa

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:46 am

In past, nations used to send thier national armies to bring the victory, but now days, we are in peace and easy life surrounding us, we don't know where we throw our money, so let's spend it on joy.
But isn't a national case now? just let's remember attempt of government when they decided to give each family a national flag, they failed to reach this aim, but football " our national team" made the miracle, and we strated find Algeria flags everywhere A New Religion or a powerful Opium? Icon_biggrin ...is this case..."vive football"
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:51 am

In Brasil, they asked some one, what is the favourite sport here? he said: "Vollyball" The questioner astonished: Isn't football? ...the man replied: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, football is our religion.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down