Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men

5 posters

Go down

♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men Empty ♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men

Post by sassy86 Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi mates Smile There is this amazing acticle on busyteacher.org that I wanted to share with you.

♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men

♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men 1319310392_women-better-teachers-than-men

This article is not meant to put down men in any way. Generally, there are reasons as to why one gender will be a lot better at a certain subject than another. Of course, there will be exceptions and a lot of the time it is important not to generalise. Most women may have certain qualities when it comes to teaching than men do, but the opposite is also true. The importance is finding a balance.

Both genders can also learn from one another, and therefore it is important to take a look and see why certain traits are more prominent in one sex than the other. Below is a list of the stronger points that women seem to have when it comes to teaching.

Are Women Really Better At Teaching Than Men?

1. 1
    Caring Nature

It is often thought by many that women will tend to have a more caring nature.
    In this way, it is true and can be very useful. The student needs someone that they can rely on, someone they feel will listen to them and whatever worries they have. Men can be a lot harder to approach on this subject, and therefore female teachers tend to be preferred in this regard. Of course, there are going to be exceptions but this would tend
    to be the general impression that many will leave behind.

2. 2
    Empathy

It is true that many more women will also appear more empathic than men do. This isn’t always the case, of course, but it is for the majority of teachers. Empathy is important when it comes to teaching, and therefore one must be able to emotionally connect with the students.Sussing out their mood will also help one to tailor the class accordingly. Having high emotional intelligence, of course, is important for anyone who works within the teaching industry. Knowing how to help the student overcome thoughts of whatever problems they are having will be key in getting them to focus on the task at hand.

3. 3
    Dealing With Children

A lot of the time, in many Western countries, there may appear to be more female teachers than male when it comes to teaching elementary school. Often this is because many women are viewed as having an innate maternal instinct. Not every woman is going to agree with this, but overall women will have a much different method to dealing with children than men will. A lot of kids might even consider their teacher to be something of a mother figure, and therefore this can be very important.

4. 4
    Dealing With Teenagers

The same can be said in the case of dealing with teenagers. Women can have very strong disciplinarian tendencies and be able to keep teenagers in check.Of course, they will also be able to sympathise a lot more with their students, and therefore take a much more balanced approach which may notbe the case with male teachers.

5. 5
    In the Context of Language

When it comes to the actual understanding of language, humans in general are obviously going to have a good grasp of it. Of course, some genders are viewed as having more competency in certain subjects than others. Often, it is seen that men tend to go for the more logical aspects of learning.This includes the likes of science, engineering and mathematics whereaswomen tend to be more interested in abstract arts, such as history and language. Then again, there is a lot of logic involved in the teaching of grammar itself. Women might be more able to teach abstract concepts to students.

6. 6
    Offering Help

Once again, this is linked with empathy. Males might want to make their students work mostly by themselves, and therefore could be somewhat hesitant than their female counterparts. Females, on the other hand, might feel the need to help a lot more and would often guide their students through a particular process if they find they are having difficult.

7. 7
    Intimidation

When it comes to the areas of discipline, often male teachers can be seen as being stern authority figures. Women might be a lot more approachable in this regard and it will allow the students to relax more. Being comfortable with the class as a whole, the students will then be able to focus on the task at hand and not feel intimidated when they put up their hand to ask a question.

8. 8
    Teaching and Gender

It may be that women are a lot better at explaining certain things than their male counterparts. A lot of the time, men like to follow a more methodical approach to doing things and therefore many of them are going to be somewhat
    stiff in their teaching methods. Women are often seen has having a better command of flowing and tuning into students’ needs.

9. 9
    Alternative Methods

Being more open to new ideas, women will also be likely to try out alternative methods. This is particularly useful for those who are finding it difficult to reach certain students.

10. 10
    Corrections

Whilst correction is important, it is also important to be sensitive. In this regard, women are also seen as being a lot more sensitive and once against this ties in with the likes of empathy and being able to connect emotionally with their students.

As one can see, there are many strong points that women have as opposed to men.

Of course, one’s teaching ability cannot be solely based on gender. It is important to realize that at the end of the day, we are all individuals and all of us have various traits which make us great
teachers.

Do you agree with the reasons above? Are women really better at teaching than men?
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men Empty Re: ♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men

Post by Londonhbb Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 am

hhhhhhhh I like the article. Enjoy that dear women.

Nice choice as usual dear sassy86
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men Empty Re: ♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men

Post by sassy86 Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:54 pm

And here comes the reply I was expecting hhhhhhh (The moment I posted I thought of you Twisted Evil Aya jazat salamat LOL )

So you agree with it london ??? bounce
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:26 am

This time I agree and I have my reasons
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by princess smile24 Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:35 pm

So interesting dear Sassy, so teaching is more suitable for women. lol!
princess smile24
princess smile24

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2012-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilySo Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Hey girls,
No one can deny the importance of women in education. Besides men, they can do better for teaching.

thanks Sassy
EmilySo
EmilySo

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:45 pm

You're welcome gals ♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men 865413
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by sabine Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 pm

I've just read the article. thank you sassy for posting such interesting topics ♀ 10 Reasons Why Women Are Better At Teaching Than Men 471538 I agree with the reasons stated above. I think that female teachers are generally more patient than male teachers. This allows students to bond with the teacher, making it easier to learn.
sabine
sabine

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down