Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The actor/actress of the day

4 posters

Go down

The actor/actress of the day  Empty The actor/actress of the day

Post by sassy86 Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi mates Smile I believe reading about actors is also part from the 7th art (I don't know if you are also so ardent reading about them like me Very Happy )

Let's start with one of my favorite actresses Marilyn Monroe

The actor/actress of the day  AVT_Marilyn-Monroe_1525

Date of Birth
1 June 1926, Los Angeles, California, USA

Date of Death

5 August 1962, Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth Name

Norma Jeane Mortenson

Nickname

The Blonde Bombshell

Height

5' 5½" (1.66 m)

Mini Biography

To call Marilyn Monroe as an actress is a great injustice done to the great acting legend. In fact she was the authority in acting and if we go on writing about her a library of books wouldn’t be enough to describe her. Such was her influence on films and fashion during her era that she is remembered even today as the goddess of fashion and powerhouse of acting. Even today’s teenagers look at her as the role model. Marilyn Monroe was a class in her own and created an identity that would never vanish. Though she would have been in her 80′s now but she is still remains dream girl of every man and every man compares the beauty of the woman with the beauty of Marilyn Monroe.

Marilyn Monroe was born on June 1, 1926 in Los Angeles, California. Her original name was Norma Jean Mortensen but for the millions of her fans she was “The Blonde Bombshell”. This famous star had a very trouble childhood. Her mother was a film cutter at RKO, a widow and so insane that she abandoned her to foster home. Marilyn Monroe’s misery didn’t end there; she had a close brush with death at the age of 2 and was nearly raped at the age of 6. At the age of 9 she started doing kitchen
work for church for a nickel a month. She used to work in an aircraft plant at the age of 16. She married a man who she used to call Daddy. She started modeling when he went into the military. But the marriage was short lived, as they got divorced in 1946. She amassed two hundred books of many great writers. She had a love for music and listened to Beethoven’s music in particular. Also at the same time she joined acting classes at Hollywood’s Actor’s Lab. She also took literature classes at University of California, Los Angeles.

While the actress had a relatively easy modeling career it was not the case with her acting career. She had to be content with many small roles and she starred in dozen B movies with secondary roles. She got a break with Twentieth Century Fox, which ended within a year. She then signed a contract with Columbia Pictures, which was also for only six months. She starred in a small role in “The Asphalt Jungle” in 1950 and also in “All about Eve”. Her performance interested the Studio and they
went on to sign a 7-year contract with her. She again starred in a super hit movie “The Seven Year Itch” in 1955, the year which also saw her getting married to one of the greatest baseball player Joe DiMaggio. Monroe wanted to change her image and wanted to try something serious. She wanted to have a change over; she thus consulted director Lee Strasberg and took some sessions of psychoanalysis. She did look a transformed person in her nee movie in 1956 called “Bus Stop” which also
won her critical acclaim. She also married playwright Arthur Miller the same year to everyone’s surprise.

While her professional life was soaring her personal life was taking its toll on her. She had an affair with Yves Montand
during the same time. She was not able to complete the movie “The Misfits” which was written by her departing husband Arthur Miller due to frequent exhaustions, the movie also happened to be Clark Gable’s last one when he died after a year due to heart attack. She was again dropped from the movie “Something’s Got to Give” due to frequent no shows.

Marilyn Monroe’s life came to a tragic end on August 5, 1962 at a young age of 36. Though Marilyn Monroe did only thirty movies in her life but her memorable movies would be remembered forever.

If you wanna read more about her death and affair with J.F.K here's an amazing essay The actor/actress of the day  500631

http://www.marilynmonroepages.com/essays.html

One of her famous quotes I totaly adore! Twisted Evil The actor/actress of the day  77156

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it. Marilyn Monroe
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

The actor/actress of the day  Empty Re: The actor/actress of the day

Post by sassy86 Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi again Smile I hope you're enjoying the post, with the 3O views and no comments , I guess... YES Laughing

So, with no further lingering on the matter, here is my dear and favorite actress , the beautiful ELIZABETH TAYLOR (you may all know her thanks to her acting in Cleopatra that NOBODY has ever performed as she did !! (Sorry Angelina Jolie, you just CAN'T Twisted Evil )

ELIZABETH TAYLOR

The actor/actress of the day  174556eb-b0d5-45a4-a673-8773aa12ff6a

ELIZABETH TAYLOR

Date of Birth

27 February 1932, Hampstead, London, England, UK
Date of Death
23 March 2011, Los Angeles, California, USA
Birth Name
Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor
Nickname
Liz
Kitten

Elizabeth Taylor, the violet-eyed film goddess whose sultry screen persona, stormy personal life and enduring fame and glamour made her one of the last of the old-fashioned movie stars and a template for the modern celebrity.

Taylor was the most blessed and cursed of actresses, the toughest and the most vulnerable. She had extraordinary grace, wealth and voluptuous beauty, and won three Academy Awards, including a special one for her humanitarian work.

For all the ferocity of her screen roles and the turmoil of her life,Taylor was remembered by "Virginia Woolf" director Mike Nichols for her gentler, life-affirming side.

"The shock of Elizabeth was not only her beauty. It was her generosity. Her giant laugh. Her vitality, whether tackling a complex scene on film or where we would all have dinner until dawn," Nichols said in a statement. "She is singular and indelible on film and in our hearts."

Taylor was the most loyal of friends and a defender of human rights But she was afflicted by ill health, failed romances (eight marriages, seven husbands) and personal tragedy.

HER WORKS:

Her more than 50 movies included unforgettable portraits of innocence and of decadence, from the children's classic "National Velvet" and the sentimental family comedy "Father of the Bride" to Oscar-winning transgressions in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and "Butterfield 8."The historical epic "Cleopatra" is among Hollywood's greatest on-screen fiascos and a landmark of off-screen monkey business, the meeting ground of Taylor and Richard Burton, the "Brangelina" of their day.

The actor/actress of the day  600737taylor
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi cici Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:31 pm

kristen Stewart
Date of Birth
9 April 1990, Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth Name
Kristen Jaymes Stewart

Nickname
Kris
KStew
Ki Ki
Stew

Height
5' 6" (1.68 m)

Mini Biography
Though most famous for her role as Bella Swan in the Twilight saga, Kristen Stewart has been a working actor since her early years in Los Angeles, California. Her parents, John Stewart and Jules Stewart, both work in film and television. Her mother is Australian. The family includes three boys, her older brother Cameron Stewart, and two adopted brothers Dana and Taylor.

After a talent scout caught her grade school performance in a Christmas play at the age of eight, she appeared on television in a few small roles. Her first significant role came when she was cast as Sam Jennings in The Safety of Objects (2001). Soon after that, she starred alongside Jodie Foster in the hit drama, Panic Room (2002) and was nominated for a Young Artist Award.

Praised for her Panic Room performance, she went on to join the cast of La gorge du diable (2003) as the daughter of Dennis Quaid and Sharon Stone. Though the film did not do well at the box office, she received another nomination for a Young Artist Award. After appearing in a handful of movies and a Showtime movie called Speak (2004), Stewart was cast in the role of a teenage singer living in a commune in Sean Penn's Into the Wild (2007), a critically acclaimed biopic. A third Young Artist Award nomination resulted in a win for this role. She also appeared in Mary Stuart Masterson's The Cake Eaters (2007) that same year.

Just 18, Stewart took on the starring role in Twilight: Chapitre 1 - Fascination (2008/I) opposite Robert Pattinson who plays the vampire lead, Edward Cullen. Based on a series of the same name written by Stephenie Meyer, the novel already had a huge following and the film opened to fans anxious to see the vampire romance brought to life. Awarded the MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance, Stewart's turn as Bella continued in the sequels Twilight: Chapitre 2 - Tentation (2009) and Twilight: chapitre 3 - Hésitation (2010). The final installments of the series start filming in late 2010.

Rocketed into stardom with the Twilight films, Stewart has continually shrunk from the spotlight. She's also taken on a number of indie projects such as Adventureland - Job d'été à éviter (2009) (filmed prior to the Twilight series) and Welcome to the Rileys (2010). And she took on the daunting task of playing rocker Joan Jett in Floria Sigismondi's Les Runaways (2010) alongside Dakota Fanning. Though most critics heaped praised on Fanning for her poignant performance as Cherie Currie, Stewart also received praise for her acting and musical performances.

One of Stewart's next big projects is the upcoming film adaptation of the classic novel by Jack Kerouac, Sur la route (2012), in which she'll star as Marylou. Shooting begins in the summer of 2010.

Stewart continues to live in Los Angeles, California.

IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous

Trade Mark
Often plays characters who are deeply troubled or have suffered an emotional trauma

Pale skin

Trivia
Has an older brother named Cameron Stewart and two adopted brothers named Dana and Taylor. They reside with her parents in the Woodland Hills area of Los Angeles. Kristen purchased her own home in 2008 and divides her time between there and her parents' residence.

Her father is John Stewart, a TV producer who works at Fox-TV and co-produced "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest" (2004). Since 2010, he has been working with George Lopez at "Lopez Tonight" (2009) on TBS TV. Due to his job he is often present for his daughter's television appearances.

Born in Los Angeles, California and then spent some of her early years in Colorado and Pennsylvania and has moved back to Los Angeles where she currently resides with her parents.

Supporter and member of the Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet.

Was ranked #17 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list. (2008).

Had to wear brown contact lenses for Twilight: Chapitre 1 - Fascination (2008/I) because she has naturally green eyes while Bella's eyes are supposed to be brown. Stewart wore the colored contacts in all 5 Twilight films.

Four times nominated, 3 consecutive years (2003-2005) and in 2008 for the Young Artist Award. She won in 2008 for her acting in the movie Into The Wild.

Named The Movie Fanatic's Hottest Young Actress. (2008).

Has 3 dogs: Oz, a border collie mix, Jack and Lily who are hybrid wolves. Also has a cat named Max / Jella.

Was ranked #9 on Moviefone's 'The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25'(2008).

Her mother is Australian.

Mother is Jules Stewart, a script supervisor who is directing her first film K-11 (2012),.

Was introduced to Vegemite (an Australian spread) by her Sydney-born mother and names Noosa Heads (a Queensland resort town) as one of her favorite places on the planet. Her Australian heritage also inspired the name of her dog, a border collie named Oz.

Attended Saint Martin of Tours in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Replaced Hayden Panettiere as Sarah Altman in Panic Room (2002) just before shooting began.

After the release of Twilight: Chapitre 2 - Tentation (2009), Kristen Stewart was called for jury duty in Los Angeles and was accepted to a jury for a case in which the defendant was accused of soliciting sex from an undercover police officer posing as a prostitute. The case proceedings took three days and ended with the jury finding the defendant not guilty.

jouliya The actor/actress of the day  Kristen-stewart2
mimi cici
mimi cici

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi cici Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:16 pm

The actor/actress of the day  Robert-pattinson-180038_XL

Robert Pattinson

Date of Birth
13 May 1986, Barnes, London, England, UK

Birth Name
Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson

Nickname

Rob
R-Pattz

Height
6' 1" (1.85 m)

Mini Biography
Robert Pattinson was born on May 13, 1986, in London, England. He enjoys music and is an excellent musician, playing both the guitar and piano.

When Robert was 15, he started acting in amateur plays with the Barnes Theatre Company. Afterward, he took screen role like L'anneau sacré (2004) (TV) (Kingdom of Twilight) as Giselher.

In 2003, Robert took on the role of Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter et la coupe de feu (2005). He got his role a week later after meeting Mike Newell in late 2003.

He has since been cast as Edward Cullen in the highly-anticipated film, Twilight: Chapitre 1 - Fascination (2008/I). His music will also be heard in the film. Additionally, Robert has completed upcoming roles as Salvador Dalí in Little Ashes (2008) and Art in How to Be (2008).

IMDb Mini Biography By: Janel

Trade Mark
Messy hair

Thick eyebrows

Trivia
Is an excellent musician and plays both the guitar and piano. He began taking piano lessons at age three, and classical guitar at five.

Attended Harrodian private school in London.

He has two older sisters, Lizzie and Victoria.

Remains close friends with Harry Potter et la coupe de feu (2005) co-stars, Stanislav Ianevski and Katie Leung.

Was taught how to scuba dive for his role in Harry Potter et la coupe de feu (2005).

Sports: Has said that darts and pool are more his sport, and that he made up that he liked snowboarding and soccer for his Harry Potter audition.

Acting Inspiration: Jack Nicholson.

Was ranked #23 on Moviefone's "The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25" (2008).

Chosen by the Hollywood Film Festival Award Committee as the recipient of the 2008 New Hollywood Award.

Awarded Best Actor 2008 at the Strasbourg Film festival for his performance as "Art" in the film How to Be (2008).

One sister, Lizzy, 25, had a top ten hit with the band Aurora. The other, Victoria, 27, works in advertising.

Most of his earnings from his first acting job - a supporting role in the television film L'anneau sacré (2004) (TV) - went on paying his own fees at The Harrodian School in Barnes.

He beat 3,000 people to play Edward Cullen in the movie Twilight: Chapitre 1 - Fascination (2008/I).

Personal Quotes
Up until I was 12 my sisters used to dress me up as a girl and introduce me as 'Claudia'! Twelve was a turning point as I moved to a mixed school and then I became cool and discovered hair gel.

It's strange, somebody asked for my autograph the other day. Because I finished school and I'm not really doing anything at the moment, I was just kind of aimlessly wandering around London and these two guys who were about 30 came up and asked for my autograph. I was really quite proud at the time, and they wanted to take photos and stuff. And then they were sort of wandering around and I was kind of wandering around and I bumped into them about three times, and every single time their respect for me kept growing and growing and growing.

They [Barnes Theatre Club] were a very good group, and for some reason when I finished the backstage thing, I just decided to that I should try to act. So I auditioned for Guys and Dolls and got a little tiny part as some Cuban dancer or something and then in the next play I got the lead part, and then I got my agent. So I owe everything to that little club.

I aspire to be Jack Nicholson. I love his every single mannerism. I used to try and be him in virtually everything I did, I don't know why. I watched Vol au-dessus d'un nid de coucou (1975) when I was about 13, and I dressed like him. I tried to do his accent. I did everything like him. I think it kind of stuck with me.

The day before [the Harry Potter London premiere] I was just sitting in Leicester Square, happily being ignored by everyone. Then suddenly strangers are screaming your name. Amazing.

I went to one of these signing conventions. [in '06] It was one of the most interesting experiences I've had. It was so strange that people would pay for autographs. You keep thinking you should do a little dance for them as well or something.

I have been playing the piano for my entire life - since I was three or four. And the guitar - I used to play classical guitar from when I was about five to 12 years of age. Then I didn't play guitar for like years. About four or five years ago, I got out the guitar again and just started playing blues and stuff. I am not very good at the guitar, but I am all right. I am in a band in London as well.

My favorite teacher was probably my English teacher because she got me into writing instead of just answering the question. I used to hand in homework with 20 pages of nonsense and she'd still mark it. She was a really amazing teacher.

I didn't want to get stuck in pretty, public school roles, or I knew I'd end up as some sort of caricature. Playing Dali has been a complete turning point for me. It's the first part I've had that has required really serious thought. I became completely obsessed with Dali during the filming, and I read every biography I could get a hold of. He was the most bizarre, complex man, but in the end I felt I could relate to him. He was basically incredibly shy.

I wasn't at all focused on school, and I didn't achieve much. But I've got a sense of urgency now. I feel I can't let any more time waste away.
mimi cici
mimi cici

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sabine Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Today's actress is the beautiful actress Charlize Theron The actor/actress of the day  865413

Date and place Of Birth (Birthday)
7 August 1975, Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa

Birth name
Charlize Theron

Nickname
Charlie

Weight
61kg

Height
177 cm

she is a South African actress best known for her roles in movies like The Italian Job, Hancock and Snow White and The Huntsmen.She
is an award-winning South African actress, film producer and former model.

Theron has a son, Jackson, whose adoption was announced in March 2012.
as with every new mom,she said that her whole life changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Jw8r8Tgac

She lives in Los Angeles, California. In the mid-1990s, Theron had a two-year relationship with actor Craig Bierko. From 1997 to 2001, she dated Third Eye Blind frontman Stephan Jenkins.Theron then began a relationship with Irish actor Stuart Townsend, with whom she starred in Trapped (2002) and Head in the Clouds (2004). Theron and Townsend separated in January 2010 after nearly nine years together.

Charlize Theron wins the Oscar for best actress for her role as Aileen Wuornos in "Monster" by Patty Jenkins. For this role, she was really ugly Twisted Evil

I love Charlize Theron' Quote

Looks alone won’t get you that far. It may get you in the door, but there’s always somebody younger, somebody prettier. You have to rely on something else. The actor/actress of the day  865413 cha3ir1

The actor/actress of the day  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzq5kzD6wOc4LxIxcjeU7YRZNELK0XmGzzg_FrQdQh2JSuq_1t
sabine
sabine

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sabine Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi mates! today's actress is one of my favorite actresses Helena Bonham Carter

Full name: Helena Bonham Carter

Date of birth: May 26, 1966

Place of birth: London, United Kingdom

Parents: Mother – Elena, Father – Raymond (died Jan 17, 2004)

Siblings: two older brothers – Edward and Tom

Partner: film director Tim Burton

Children: a son Billy Ray (born October 4, 2003) and a daughter (born December 15, 2007) with Tim Burton

You may know her for her performance of many of shakspeare's plays
in Twelfth Night (olivia) 1996
ophellia in Hamlet 1990
Henry VIII (2003) she performance the role of Anne Boleyn

major works
2008:
Stand by Love (pre-production)

2007:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix …. Bellatrix Lestrange The actor/actress of the day  865413
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street …. Mrs. Lovett

2006:
Sixty Six (2006) (completed) …. Esther Reuben

2005:
Magnificent 7 (2005) (TV) …. Maggi
Corpse Bride (2005) (voice) …. Corpse Bride
Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005) (voice) …. Lady Campanula Tottington
Conversations with Other Women (2005) …. Woman
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) …. Mrs. Bucket

2003:
Big Fish (2003) …. Younger & Older Jenny/The Witch
Henry VIII (2003) (TV) …. Anne Boleyn I adore her in this movie

2002:
Live from Baghdad (2002) (TV) …. Ingrid Formanek
Till Human Voices Wake Us (2002) …. Ruby
The Heart of Me (2002) …. Dinah

2001:
Novocaine (2001) …. Susan Ivey
Planet of the Apes (2001) …. Ari
Football (2001) …. Mum

2000:
Carnivale (2000) …. Milly

1999:
The Nearly Complete and Utter History of Everything (1999) (TV) …. Lily
Women Talking Dirty (1999) …. Cora
Fight Club (1999) …. Marla Singer

1998:
The Theory of Flight (1998) …. Jane Hatchard
The Revengers’ Comedies (1998) …. Karen Knightly
Merlin (1998/II) (TV) …. Morgan Le Fey

1997:
Keep the Aspidistra Flying (1997) …. Rosemary
The Wings of the Dove (1997) …. Kate Croy
The Petticoat Expeditions (1997) …. Narrator

1996:
Portraits chinois (1996) …. Ada
Twelfth Night: Or What You Will (1996) …. Olivia

1995:
Margaret’s Museum (1995) …. Margaret MacNeil
Mighty Aphrodite (1995) …. Amanda

1994:
Frankenstein (1994) …. Elizabeth
“Absolutely Fabulous” – Hospital (1994) TV Episode …. Dream Saffron
A Dark Adapted Eye (1994) (TV) …. Faith Severn (adult)
Butter (1994) (TV)
Fatal Deception: Mrs. Lee Harvey Oswald (1993) (TV) …. Marina Oswald

1993:
Dancing Queen (1993) (TV) …. Pandora/Julie

1992:
Howards End (1992) …. Helen Schlegel

1991:
Where Angels Fear to Tread (1991) …. Caroline Abbott
“Jackanory” – The Way to Sattin Shore (1991) TV Episode …. Reader

1990:
Hamlet (1990/I) …. Ophelia

1989:
Getting It Right (1989) …. Lady Minerva Munday
Francesco (1989) …. Chiara

1988:
Maschera, La (1988) …. Iris

1987:
A Hazard of Hearts (1987) (TV) …. Serena Staverley
Maurice (1987) (uncredited) …. Lady at Cricket Match
“Miami Vice”
- Theresa (1987) TV Episode …. Theresa
- Savage (1987) TV Episode …. Theresa
The Vision (1987) …. Jo Marriner

1986:
Lady Jane (1986) …. Lady Jane Grey

1985:
A Room with a View (1985) …. Lucy Honeychurch

1983:
A Pattern of Roses (1983) (TV) …. Netty, The Past (introducing)

The actor/actress of the day  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTygle00FkBIx96aq2CwaOBBEHgDMhLyNppy5I4Tja4Whg8chziQA
sabine
sabine

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by princess smile24 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 am

Johnny Depp
Full name: John Christopher "Johnny" Depp II.
Date/ Place of birth: June 9, 1963 in Owensboro, Kentucky, U.S
His career started in 1984. he is Actor, screenwriter, director, producer and musician, but he's most known as an actor.
Depp is a father of 2 children. He's got married from 1983 to 1985 with Lori Anne Allison
His mos known works:

1994: Ed Wood as: Edward D. Wood

1995: Nick of Time: Gene Watson

1999: The Astronaut's Wife: Spencer Armacost

2001:The Man Who Cried: Cesar

2003: Once upon a Time in Mexico: Sheldon Sands

2003: Pirates of The Carribean: The Curse of Black Pearl

2004: Finding Neverland: J.M Barrier

2005: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory:as Willy Wonka

2006: Pirates of The Carribean: Dead's Man Chest: as Captain Jack Sparrow

2007: priates of The Carribean: At World's End: as Captain Jack Sparrow

2010: Alice in wonderland: as Mad Hatter