Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Release your darker thoughts

+14
Admin
Thewolf
Turkcerap
TheUkrainian
bilinda
bryne_kh2000
princess
Ezinma
black_white
NANA
Hush
Virtopia
the youth
w_ch
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Release your darker thoughts Empty Release your darker thoughts

Post by Hush Fri May 15, 2009 1:33 am

Who didn't have a somber feeling where dwell all kinds of other feelings. It's better to release those dark thoughts than being prisoner of them. It's better to darken the papers and the pages of this forum than darkening your days. If you feel the need to jot down sorrow and free yourself, get a pen and purify yourself. Be a Poe or A Baudelaire. I posted this topic here because I think purging one darker feelings is the highest poetical stage, it is the stage where someone can get rid of his darker side.

The little angel trudged at night, carrying his burned wings with fateful disgrace. Burned by the blaze of the beam, too shiny for him! His wings lost, himself lost, a fallen angel he is. Trotting between the fires, from place to place, from fate to fate to his fate to none! Reading his book of truth, he could find but words of unearthly life. He struggled to hide the tear that tore his heart. He closed his eyes, dreamed… then came the morrow.
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Release your darker thoughts Empty Re: Release your darker thoughts

Post by w_ch Sat May 23, 2009 12:59 am

Huch... i just want to say that it's a very good idea.i feel so reliesed when i write about what troubles me.I often have these dark ideas.to make it clear,i'll give you an example.I think about Emigration a lot.Though it doesn't seem so dark to me,but to others,my friends i mean,it's the heart of darkness.it's not for the love of foreigne countries that i want to emigrate,but it's for our own"beloved"country.the deeper you go in our system,the more you realize that you don't have a chance to survive in Algeria.compared to this world of "wolves",i'm just a lost sheep.what do you think i should do?should I surrender to reality and accept things as they are,or should I be "a captain of myself"and choose my own destiny?by choosing my own destiny i mean.... to EMEGRATE.

PS:I know this thread is made for poets,but i'm sorry i couldn't translate my feelings into a poem.i hope it's ok with you Huch.i felt much better after wrinting this.thanks a lot.
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat May 23, 2009 11:13 pm

Hello w_ch, you know poetry are not rhymes and odd words, poetry is writing with one's feelings, it's the expression of the heart ( this poor subverted organ). You've asked what should you do, and my answer would seem so simple but try to meditate upon it, the answer is: Remember we're not born to be eternal, nor to carry the burden of the universe on our shoulders, we are born to get our paradise ticket, so think where you could best get it. If you think it's better to migrate to fulfill what you're created for, just go, and if you think it's better to stay here to fulfill that just stay. I just want to say something, don't go for material success only, because you may have it but you may lose what's more important! Think about it and believe me the system is not that beast you're thinking it is, and what's the system but all of us?! Since you're part of the system try to be the best you can and don't care about how the world is going because you're not meant to stay here forever. Faithfully yours...

PS: sorry for deviating the subject
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Hello Mr Huch...you've written a very good point which made me think twice about megration.It is concerning our religion.once in there;abroad i mean,one would loss control of himself.eventhough my reasons of megration are purely economic,there is a big chance to be carried away by their traditions and costums which are a total opposite of everything our religion call for.It is,somehow,the same case as the charcter "Kurtz" who was controled by the wilderness.he lost his "super ego" as soon as he entered into the heart of Africa.I'm afraid the same thing would happen to me.and Like you said,every Muslim is trying to gain his paradise ticket,be it in Algeria or else where.I realized after reading your meassage that megrating norrows the chances of getting this precious ticket.

Thank you so much Mr Huch,not just because you cared about my problem,but also for enlighting my humble mind.

Again... I'm so sorry for ruining this thread,since it's due only for poets and not to Juniors like myself. Embarassed

I hope to read from you soon Wink
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Fri May 29, 2009 9:39 pm

Sometimes I have the feeling that things are stone-still, I start questioning myself and wondering if I am in Slumberous Land. I feel corpses moving still and tell myself it's the dance of the dead! It should be some one's wedding-death in the surroundings! It's like people have the phobia of change!

I wonder if Pavlov's dogs would react in this kingdom! Would they have any response in a world without stimulus? What's the stimulus alike in Slumberous Land? What If Pavlov's Dogs were phobic? Were they to react? People would say what a degradation the trope is making! I would answer better a fierce dog than a fearful rabbit!!

PS: No one is meant by those words, If the caps fits, wear it!
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Confused...sad...lost...they are just few of the many feelings i've been having these last days.After successfully finishing this studying year,the logic way to behave about it would be to celebrate.But instead,I'm doing quiet the opposite.I'm confused about my next step:wether to have fun this summer and forget totaly about my studies,or to follow the same track i've have been following this past year.I'm fully aware of the risk i am about to take if i choose the first option.English isn't our mother tongue and the best way to learn it is to keep in touch with it.I'm sad because I won't see my friends for a long time;more than four months.My thoughts aren't orgenized,my actions aren't justified and my words aren't well-understood and well-percieved.To make a long story short,I feel so lost.I don't know what to do,how to behave and what to say.

PS:The above paragraph is dipection of my thoughts' state which is in a total disorder.How to gain the order back would be a very good question which needs a very soon answear.
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Well..surely you won't be given the healing answer that you seek by a humble student like me..but i'm ganna tell what i think might help you organize your thoughts again.
You just came out of the university..tired after having a lot of experiences in studies with friends and all that..I think you need -we need- a rest in which you may releave some of the feelings you mentioned.
As of the next step..why in
God's name do you have to worry that much about every detail that may happen in your future? It doesn't exist yet..yet tiny thoughts do..what you need to consider is what to do with the existing day that you have..not the missing tommorow that you don't have..for that know that a pissimistic wrong thinking can end your projects before they even begin...you just do what you have to do..it ain't that complicated.
Another idea worth mentioning..is the fear from the unknown.
Sometimes in life..we should get rid of this fear that never allowes us to experience.
Hoping that you've read Crane's Red Badge of Courage..something i like about the protagonist i borrowed the nickname from..being face to face to the fact that he's gotta experiment the unknown his fate has thrown him to to understand what he may come up with.
Old people innocently think it's that simple to figure out a life time experience by a couple of wise tips.Frankly speaking..sometimes when you bring back what you've been told to do..or adviced not to..you don"t reach that self conviction to be given a second of knowing at least what you are doing..all you could get is feeling of traditional passiveness..as if those countless pieces of advice are of no value to you..I just wonder..if you never did touch the fire..how in the world would you expect to find out that it burns??
Well..the Youth -the real one- tried to depict this idea on his life hard..i personally try to do the same on mine harder..
I hope w-ch feels good now..and better when Hush will answer.
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Even if in this thread we're not allowed normally to comment what the others say, I am going to interfere just once, since the Youth entrusted me with the task to answer.

I don't believe you're having strange feelings W_ch, what you're feeling is so natural since you're in one of the watersheds of your life. You have to live the moment that's for sure, you have to feel afraid and to shiver too, what's more normal than a man concerned about his future? I just say that this fear and lost-feeling is a necessary step towards your next life-station. No need to tell you that you should just don't let yourself be consumed by those thoughts, make of them a fuel for your rising! What doesn't kill makes you stronger and I believe you have a successful bright future waiting for you. Carpe Diem my friend.

You've talked about studies and enjoying yur time, why do you think they don't go together? I enjoy mytime when studying believe me! If you think that studies are gonna prevent you from enjoying your time and becoming better you should not carry on your studies! I am aware about what I am saying, so do what's best for you to feel good with yourself. A last thing: Don't forget that God exists Wink Only thinking about this should allow you to live at ease. Best wishes
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:59 pm

"What dosen't kill you make you stronger.."I strongly believe in such a saying.First,I wanna thank both of Mr Huch and the youth for their comments.Second,the youth has talked about a very good point which is "fear".I would be lying if i said i'm not afraid.I've never been in such a state before...I mean,everywhere I look I see closed doors.I do believe though,that after a dark night,there must come the down.Eventhough it's very hard to forget what has been troubling me for more than a week,but i promiss that i will try.Third,Mr Huch Worte two words which made all of my disorgenized thoughts worthless."God exists..."oh...!!! It feels much better to think of the existance of Allah...

Thank you! and read you soon Wink
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by the youth Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:52 pm

That's what i'm talking about bro...
That is the spirit..
the youth
the youth

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtopia Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Allow me dear mates to say something for W_ch and then we'll release the stream of this thread to take away our darker thoughts and wash our souls clean!
Dear W_ch, I hope you're gonna get rid of those dark thoughts very soon. You only need to trust your abilities,to take all what happens to you in this cruel life, easy. You have to get disturbed only when you feel you've sinned, and what you've done is gonna hinder you from getting paradise ticket.All else, make use of it as a fuel of your strength, then put it in your memory's chamber, where you dedicate for it a whole shelf named: Bygone experiences.Idon't want to get into details, but I think this feeling of being lost is due to the recent tension you endured namely, betrayal.So, out of experience, I tell you're gonna recover very soon inshallah, don't worry. cheers

Take care and read soon! Wink
Virtopia
Virtopia

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Hello Miss Vertopia...Thank you so much for your consern.That was very smart of you;you could link things togather and found out the truth.You are right...Although it's hard for me to admit it but you are totaly right.Betrayal is just one of many causes which led to such a thinking and such a behaviour.I have a good news though,I don't think about it as it doesn't influence me anymore.As for the other causes,let's just say that things are getting better each day.So,I'll take your advise because BYGONE experiences seems like a very good plan.

Thank you again and read you soon.
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:04 pm

What grieves him most is the happiness of his people who thought the glitter they saw faraway hope, whereas it was but a blazing fire destroying everything in its way and coming straight to hope town. He then wept the outsider he was. All the languages he had didn't allow him to explain the coming threat. His languages allowed him but to get deeper into silence. Every single word he learnt made of him a dumb creature...

PS: Please don't answer back to those posts, they have a purely expressive aim.
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 am

What a powerful,an effective and an overwhelming sorrow is.Sometimes you feel like everything is going the way you want;everything happens the way it should be.unexpected events;however,get in your way towhich you don't have a clue how to handle.Therefore,you end up hurting the person you like the most.The logical result would be the unbareble regret.You wind up with unstable thoughts and all you think about is how to make it right with that wounded person.You try to say "sorry" but at that time "sorry" seems to be the hardest word.Is it that you are too pride to say it?or you just think that it's not your fault? I really don't know...
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:47 pm

Hello,

You may call it "the grand finale"; An ending to several experiences I had long the way;a major shift from being a student my whole life,it's a short one by the way, to having nothing to do but "holding the wall" (by the way,you'd be extremely lucky if you found a spot to put you leg on);It's my last year mates and to tell the truth,that scares the hell out of me. Not because of the possibily of not having a job that makes me do so;cause I care less about that than any other thing,but it's the "watershed" that once "Hush" told me about in this same category that gives me th creep. I never analysed that word proparely untill now.
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:09 am

Cemetery of minds, that what I would call schools and universities nowadays. When someone tries to stimulate people's brains they call him a profane, a vandal, a desecrater, and most softly a fool or an alien.
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by NANA Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:44 pm

I want to be a valuable person in my society but don't know how som times i feel my self ignorant, alone... many dark thoughts take control of me most of the time.
NANA
NANA

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by black_white Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 pm

The moment of truth Fearing it,ignoring it, trying with all your force to avoid it yet it comes :the moment of truth .A moment when one’s self is no more a mystery but an open book a book of bloody words and sad stories.A moment when you realize that your life have been simply series of lies of your own made and that all your years have been a theatrical scene in which you ve played all the roles except being yourself.the time when you discover that you ve broken many hearts in order to convince yourself as well as your audiences with your acting.when regert is for no reason a relief because neither performing the voyage would be possible nor returning would heal the past injuries.the time when you wish telling the others that you care,you feel .when you simply abandon hatred as being the only mean to show your love
black_white
black_white

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:13 am

Sometimes no incentive can help you to carry on, you dream, you struggle, you toil... then comes the time when you are overwhelmed with a thought that you might despair. You desire to drink a lethean water to lighten your mind loaded heavily. But then you are struck with the reality that there is no such kind of thing. What might comforts your soul can be a private confession you make to yourself, to understand the way things had gone. But most likely, even the confession would have little effects if the pain itself had delved deeper and deeper into your soul. The confession might be written down, kept for oneself...yet when you are unable to write you simply prefer to cry… it often helps.

The teaching proffession is very rewarding, you learn to never give up but to always try...
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:31 am

For when it comes to it, rough winds shake the resting cells of my mind, haunting a body already forsaken... How ungrateful we might be!
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh neglected and over looked place!! I thought of paying you a visit...

I sometimes feel oppressed, trapped and with no way out. Certain gloominess falls on my daily life, covering and hiding all its brightest sides. Imprisoned by the urgent desires to devastate and demolish anything I might encounter. Seeking a fresh air, a new start and looking for the slightest change. “Am I really free?” A buzzing and a vibrant question, that never gets bored from crossing my already exhausted mind, every once in a while. A doubtful enquiry, that never seemed to find its way out. Thinking… “is there really a way out…?”
w_ch
w_ch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 am

He will die, how could he survive?
Isn't he already dead, they are far?
Let them go
Are they going to fly?
Are they going to walk?
She could not fly
He could not walk
I could neither fly nor walk
Should I die?
I'm already dead
Was it a curse?
Am I banished?
Couldn't she see?
Couldn't he speak?
Isn't truth the one to seek?
I'm the dead
cried in the funeral
put the rose over the grave
was there under the dust
He was reading a book
She was the protagonist
I walked out of the graveyard
I was there in the hole
No light seen no darkness found
He on stage
She was applauding
He was acting
wearing a mask
She was really there
Having a seat
Walking on the street
It was getting cold over there
The clouds darkened
The ground became muddy
Never be… never was… never will
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:07 pm

What does 'freedom' mean?
Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
Restricted by the sky?
Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
Not enough river to explore?
Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
but death for the fish,
The sea is wide for the fish
but will engulf the bird.
We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
We can only express our nature as it was created.
The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
freedom from slavery to other than the One,
Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
and a horizon that extends to the next life,
Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.
Release your darker thoughts Icon_neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:56 am

It's almost 2:00 am, and here I am, awake after the sleepless yesternight. Having in mind bulks of ideas humming inside. Thoughts about people who deserve and mainly about people who don't deserve, not the leftovers of a thought. Yet, present in my mind persecuting it... I wonder how can a rational mind be fooled by so a weak being! That was even nothing to the heart's fortune with such a being. Like a toy in the hands of a babe, smote before being torn apart.

How I hate fascination, that deceitful feeling, that deceptive impression, that lethal fancy! "Sorry, you deserve better", could it be more hypocrite when it comes to this!

An exile, feeling exiled in one's country, between one's people. Was he cast away from another era, from another space and time or were the principals he's got the ones hurled from another dimension. Is he a 3D figure living in a 2D world? He's drama without tragic hero, a symphony with no musicians, a life without ...

Getting the impression that I watch a movie where the sound doesn't fit the picture, wasn't it better if it was mute or if I was deaf, what difference would it make?!

Never mind that's a Delirium of an exiled being.
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Konvict Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

living in a state of estrangement and unflinchingly enduring the temptation of mingling in this ambivalent world. But for how long? It doesn't feel so cozy to be an outcast. People around him revelling and celebrating life while he's sitting, watching in a complete serenity. When he was asked what was with that solitary attitude, he responded :" Life is too short..."
Konvict
Konvict

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum