Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic story about reading Quran

+3
Londonhbb
Nounette
w_ch
7 posters

Go down

Fantastic story about reading Quran Empty Fantastic story about reading Quran

Post by Londonhbb Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:50 pm

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran . His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, 'Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?'

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, 'Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.'

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, 'You'll have to move a little faster next time,' and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, 'I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough,' and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, 'See Grandpa, it's useless!'

'So you think it is useless?' The old man said, 'Look at the basket.'

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

'Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an . You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out .

Fantastic story about reading Quran Little-boy-reads-quran

c
o
p
i
e
d
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Fantastic story about reading Quran Empty Re: Fantastic story about reading Quran

Post by w_ch Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Hello,

The best story I ever laid my eyes on. So wise, the old man is. I wish we have some like him here in Algeria. Wellah, it's so effective and so touching! Thank you so much.
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Fantastic story about reading Quran Empty Re: Fantastic story about reading Quran

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello,
Right W-ch, it's very touching, thanks a million London for this wonderful story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nounette Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:11 pm

A Fantastic One Londonhbb !!
Touching Story Wallah !!
Thank You Very Much Londonhbb !!
Read You Soon Nounette !!
Nounette
Nounette

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2009-05-12

http://www.rasoulallah.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

wlkm mates Embarassed
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by daninho Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:39 pm

what a wonderful story is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really it is so good thanks brother london we wish that 'll have a man like this in Algeria.
daninho
daninho

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 am

Wonderful, and holding deep meaning...
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by happy girl Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:44 pm

It is more than fantastic
it shows us the real meaning

happy girl

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by the bright queen Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Soub7an Allah.. purifys our souls and changes our lives for the best" this is the magic of reading Quoran"..
Thanks for awaking our minds for this great information. what a wonderful story^^ Very Happy
the bright queen
the bright queen

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down