Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free corner

+19
JOKER
Ismailos2
Thewolf
Mary
Peacemaker
the youth
Clear-headed
w_ch
Nounette
bryne_kh2000
imy
Chichidodo
faith forever!!
moh
Virtopia
Admin
Hush
Mulan
Ezinma
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Free corner Empty Free corner

Post by Hush Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:43 am

If you don't feel good, or something's becoming weary just jot it down here.

I'll start...

I don't know what' the problem with this forum, really!! I know that we're but 17 users but I guess those who are posting are much less than 5, or let's say two members only! I'm upset for that! Where are you Mr. Admin? Where are the first members?! Anyway I hope the change is coming soon because I start being disillusioned! I guess we're all here to learn and share what we know, and if people are afraid of mistakes, we all make a bunch of them! If we don't practice are we gonna learn? I'm just too sad for that Sad
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Free corner Empty Re: Free corner

Post by Ezinma Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:50 am

Thanks a lot for openning this topic, I really wanted to show how upset, and disappointed I am. So this is the right place I think.

Well as you said no one is interseted, I wonder why ?.. Do they have Hush at home or at the Uni to explain for them African Literature, well I think NOPE!!..( the topic of the exam Hush discussed I bet no one can do it in the same way). Do they know all the golden awebsites you shared with us ???..Again I'm 100 % sure they use only Google....

The funny thing is that those whom I gave this site said coldly: " Oh! this one! we know about it from the beginning of the Academic year!...". Words can't express how I felt mo7bat ...

One of my friends told me that forums are useless..I DON'T want to believe that!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulan Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi, actualy I feel good, not like some here Very Happy
I want just to answer Asma's question about why students are not interested in this forum, well what I'm going to say is my opinion only so you don't have to take it into consideration.
our mates are not intersetsed simply because they don't want to share what they have, (which is in fact nothing in comparison with what is here). They want to study alone, and they refuse to help each other. I give an example here which is very important. For eg if I find an intersting document on the net and I think that it can help me in my exam so why I let others know about it. Especially If I'm going to learn it by heart! hahaha!!
So as Asma said or David Lodge said in his novel " all worked hard in the weeks preceding their examination,though, as it is the habit of all students, when they met they pretended otherwise".... I laughed a lot when Asma told me about this months ago.
I think I'm making it long here. So that's the answer to your question Asma.
Mulan
Mulan

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I would answer with Khalil Gibran saying:" you give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".

If what you said Mulan is true,then: Fie, fie on'em!

Because of that I won't stop posting, even if I'll be alone and deserted in here.

Peace be upon you

Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks Mulan for your posts, you gave me faith again not to give up. But I think you know me well, and you know that to stop posting means to give up too, and to acknowledge defeat. As I said when I introduced myself in the first beginning I'm proud to be a member. So as Hush said I won't stop posting either! Never ever. We are three, and insh'Allah we will be 300 sooner!. You two are amazing! Thanks
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:05 pm

To post or not to post? That's NOT the question!

If someone posts, it's not because he's waiting for others to do the same ( except when it is a discussion topic); when someone posts it's because he wants to share. If someone is here, it's because he believes in the mutual benefit and is conscious about the fact that no one is perfect. If you post, you have to firmly believe in the goodness of your act.

The forum is widely open for every student and human being! No matter what his thoughts are. Those who want to sign in, we welcome them, those who are just passively reading we tell them we hope you'll be enlightened by those posts.

Now, I should thank those who are sharing whatever they find, namely Hush, Asma, and Mulan who definitely has the warrior spirit.

Let's not be childish and do our best for the sake of a greater cause!

Peace be on all of you

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-06-26

https://blida-english.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi all,
I've heard that the final exams are scheduled on May 16th. 9raya ..
You can guess that I'm scared. Oh! mates, I always fear exams!. Don't know why, but as we say it in Algerian "I'm so stressed" to the extent that nightmares keep haunting me! 3yit1.
Exams, exams, scary isn't it? No
What I know very well is that I have to overcome these feelings, otherwise, I won't be able to concentrate on my studies effectively, second I won't feel good the day of the exam. Rolling Eyes
Keep me in your prayers!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Do exams mean a lot? I guess you don't have what to be afraid of and keep your eyes on the Master contest Wink
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Hi all,

Again I'm using this free corner!

Today is one of the best days in my life, I've learnt so many many valuable things!

I'm not the kind who present a lot and I habitually don't write many essays. However, I decided at last to present, a decision that was wrung from me. 3yit1
I did it! YES!, and I'm not quite satisfied with my work though !, of course I need more and more practice!. My teacher said it was good and showed me tips to be a good teacher!, and our classmates could understand everything I explained, they asked me questions, and they took notes. For a moment, I felt like a teacher conducting the whole class. They were all attentive, listening eagerly to what I was saying!. I could also notice that zeal in their eyes, wanting to know more. Alhamdoulilah!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulan Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Asma, what you did was awesome, carry on and you will be a good teacher...don't say teacher of cooking like you used to call yourself.
Mulan
Mulan

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:10 am

Asma the meal was delicious, could you give me the recipe? Smile You're a good cook. Teaching I think is actually like cooking, we have to know the recipe first, next to use the right ingredients, then we have the "touch" which makes it special, ad that's it...
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 am

Mulan wrote:Asma, what you did was awesome, carry on and you will be a good teacher...don't say teacher of cooking like you used to call yourself.
Oh! dear Mulan thanks Embarassed

Hush thank you too!
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtopia Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello Mates,
keeping with the first topic you can't imagine the sort of feeling I had after reading your bundles of blames thrown on those who don't post or at least mark their presence.Your words have been like daggers stabbing me, I felt addressed by them even before my joining, but I think you and the Admin are partly responsiblefor that at least in my case Embarassed .I heard about the Forum and I burnt to join but no one wanted to give me the forum link.In fact many still know nothing about it.Back to your daggers hope you'll be understanding if one day my sun stops shining over our kingdom since I don't have access to Internet at home.Be sure ,however,that my heart'll never desert you and will always always send you its beams, share with you your dreams and from time to time in the hot summer...mmmm....ice creams! Smile

Last edited by Virtopia on Sun May 10, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Virtopia
Virtopia

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Wed May 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Suspect , I guess we're not concerned!, please Hush say something ok! bka1

Did You say Ice Cream!? ice cream! affraid bébénou

Last edited by Ezinma on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ezinma
Ezinma

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtopia Sun May 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Many mates have lately joined us and this's ,I think was as a response to the propaganda made in the buildings of students of English about the forum.This explains the sudden flood of joinees in less than two days.Anyway you are welcome.However, there's a slight idea rambling in the untamed woods of my mind which is the fear of Anarchy.So where are the elder members?.I know I'm the queen but the elders must have their say to keep order here.Sorry for being daring to raise such a topic, but I think this's "Duty".
Virtopia
Virtopia

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by moh Sun May 10, 2009 11:44 pm

drefdref I AM NEW
moh
moh

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hush Mon May 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Welcome Dear Mohamed Very Happy I'm glad you joined us and be sure everybody's new, we say men is new if compared with the age of the earth Cool Enjoy yourself and get old cheers
Hush
Hush

Back to top Go down

Post by moh Thu May 21, 2009 12:49 am

hospital and virtuess like usual HUSH,and always shining like a star.thanks a lot..........
moh
moh

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by faith forever!! Thu May 28, 2009 3:54 pm

I am scared ney terrified ...you,may ask about what, from whome? I would say about life and from life sometimes I feel life is a game but sometimes it feels like punishement I don't know why but I really feel like I am being punished ....and there comes other times where I feel like a queen appreciated by every one respected and loved.............AM I crazy or is it life ???????!!!!!!!!!!!
faith forever!!
faith forever!!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Thu May 28, 2009 11:22 pm

To Faith Forever...

No..I don't think you are crazy...

That's life..."sometimes you get;sometimes you get got"

Everyone of us has already experienced the "ups" and the "downs" of this life;sometimes you feel so happy and so undefeated,while other times you feel so sad and so week.I don't blame you for this thiking since I think like you sometimes.

I just have one advise if you would take it;don't think too much about you lost;don't think too much about the past nor the future,just think about the present and the moment.

Take care of your self and read you soon
PEACE cheers
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chichidodo Fri May 29, 2009 12:26 am

People I am sorry but there's something going wrong with some posts! Are you really majoring in English?! Use your winword to check your posts before you send them! And stop complaining we're fed up with defeatist and prophets of doom! What about the simplest rules of grammar? Come on we have to try to do better!
Chichidodo
Chichidodo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by imy Fri May 29, 2009 1:42 pm

Don't be harsh chichidodo,we are student and we are learning.i guess you are a teacher since they always say so.we are training ourslves to avoid mistakes at least we are trying.From mistakes we learn,isn't it?. bka1
imy
imy

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chichidodo Fri May 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Imy I am neither a teacher nor a student hypo2 And it is just an observation since my eyes started aching from mistakes!

Of course we learn from mistakes, but when I see someone making the same mistake ten times in a sentence of two words it becomes problematic! I am making mistakes too but at least I am trying to avoid them. So It's just a call for members here to check their writings before they post them.
Chichidodo
Chichidodo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by imy Fri May 29, 2009 2:35 pm

OK, I DO AGREE WITH YOU. chuchoT
imy
imy

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by faith forever!! Fri May 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Thank you w_ch I'll take your advice for sure read you soon...
faith forever!!
faith forever!!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next