Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need help friends *House of Hanover*

3 posters

Go down

i need help friends *House of Hanover* Empty i need help friends *House of Hanover*

Post by Thewolf Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:12 am

who can give me information about house of hanover ?
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

i need help friends *House of Hanover* Empty Re: i need help friends *House of Hanover*

Post by Ezinma Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi,

The net can give you information about the House if Hanover Smile . Click on the links, I hope these help you somehow.

House of Hanover
House of Hanover Family Tree

I think you need to have a look at the Stuarts Family Tree for a better understanding of the Hanoverians origin: Click here
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

i need help friends *House of Hanover* Empty Re: i need help friends *House of Hanover*

Post by beowulf Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:32 pm

the house of hanover 1714-1901

King George 1 1714 - 1727
Prince George Louis was declared "George by the Grace of God and king of Great Britain , France and Ireland" on 1 August 1714 . At the age of 54 , he set the record as the oldet monarch on accession in British history . and he could hardly speak English and spent most of his time in his beloved Hanover , in Germany . He made little effort to learn the language and customs of the country and communicated with his ministers in French .
King George 2 1727 - 1760
King of Great Britain and Ireland from 1727 , George preferred Germany to England , but learned to speak English , unlike his father . and in he gave Sir Rober Walpole a gift of 10 Downing Street, now the permanent London residence of the British prime minister. and in1739 - Dick Turpin, highwayman , hanged at York
King George 3 1760 - 1820
King of Great Britain and Ireland . he wasthe first Hanoverian monarch to be born in England. He was born on 4 June 1738 in London and was the son of Frederick Louis, Prince of Wales , and grandson of George 2. He was the first monarch since Queen Anne to put British interests well before those of Hanover . he ruled for 50 years and fathered 15 children. He suffered from recurrent fits of madness and after 1810, his son acted as regent.
King George 4 1820 - 1830
he became prince regent in 1811 , while his father was very ill, and he was a king in 1820. and he Builted Brighton Pavilion.and He died on 26 June 1830. His only child, Princess Charlotte had died in childbirth in 1817, so the crown passed to George's brother who became William 4
King William 4 1830 - 1837
he was king of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from 1830.and He became known as the "Sailor King" after joining the navy from just 13 years old. andHis reign saw the passing of the Reform Act of 1832.and during his reign England abolished slavery in the colonies in 1833.and he died on 20 June 1837, without surviving children. His niece Victoria succeeded him.and in 1834 - Fire destroys the Palace of Westminster.and in the same year in1834 - Poor Law Act is passed , creating workhouses for the poor. and after this in1836 - Births, marriages and deaths must be registered by law Queen Victoria 1837 - 1901
she was the daughter of Edward, duke of Kent (4 son of George 3 ) and a niece of George 4 and William 4 . and She married Albert of Saxe - Coburg Gotha. Ruled during the industrial revolution. The British Empire became powerful, rich and confident . When Victoria died in 1901 , after the longest reign in English history, the British Empire and British world power had reached their highest point . She had 9 children , 40 grand-children and 37 great grandchildren, scattered all over Europe . that's all about the house of hanovare

beowulf

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Thank you very much Ezinma, may God bless you from EYE.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum