Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of Blida Department of English?

+13
Dutty Nes
MrL
asma
nesrine
JOKER
chinda
Thewolf
Nacerpro
Chichidodo
Ezinma
w_ch
burself
Hush
17 posters

Go down

What do you think of Blida Department of English? Empty What do you think of Blida Department of English?

Post by Hush Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 pm

Most of members here belong to Blida Department of English, so I wanted to know what do you think of studies in there and are you satisfied with what you get in there? What are the good points and the ones which need to be worked on? What's the share of a student in the situation of the department?
Hush
Hush

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Blida Department of English? Empty Re: What do you think of Blida Department of English?

Post by burself Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:35 pm

thnx Hush.i think we need to improve the techniques and the methods of teaching by adopting them from other universities , either foreign or local ones: such as the use of pc in teaching phon,OE,LC...cz here we need native speakers through videos,interviews..., and our teachers just guide the learners. i hope that we are going to continue the debates started last year. concerning the teacher, we were really lucky that we have been taught by them... we have good teachers,but they need the students' help. good luck.SALAM
burself
burself

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Blida Department of English? Empty Re: What do you think of Blida Department of English?

Post by w_ch Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Hello mates,

I wanted to take this opportunity to talk about something which is very vital to the learning process of the students.Something unusual happened this year to forth year students;every two groups were joined togather to form one,over-crowded group.As for the teachers,it's a bad working condition.Take it into consideration that the room isn't very big,and couldn't bear more than 50 students. Besides,this issue has created even a more complicated problem and which is the lack of chairs.Some of the third year students are calling them"chair-thieves",since they repeatingly go to their classes and take their chairs.Therefore, and to guarentee a better learning/working condition, a very soon solution is highly needed before it's too late.Needless to say that we have great teachers who deserve all the cridets.

PS:thank you Hush for the topic
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Studies in our Department are definitely not like in Oxbridge or Harvard. There are things which are not well enough, there is disorganisation, decay… but as my mates said we are proud of being taught by great teachers. I think there are some positive changes this year and things are getting better (think about the MA). New teachers are not admitted without being interviewed for instance, this is new to the dept. and without doubt great. Moreover, the Debate and the idea of performances are wonderful.
Hush you asked a very important question which is the students' share in the situation. For me, even students have their share in improving things. For instance, I don't remember that delegates of my group were aware of their role (as appointed members to keep in touch with what the administration do) they hardly ever spoke of our rights. Many times we were not satisfied with what we have, but silence was our best choice when facing difficulties. Another thing which is annoying is unfortunately the reality that the number of students roaming aimlessly outside classrooms sometimes overlaps the number of the ones inside. The result is a frustrating noise and lack of concentration. There are other things which must be improved for sure... like internet (even with charges), PCs, a bigger library.
Though I'm no more there, I couldn't help but have my say. (A question: Is it possible to improve the situation when all that matters is Egypt and Egyptians? I say! forget about my question)
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Chichidodo Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 pm

Laissez-faire policy, go out young man, granting young teachers a chance, better horizons, bitter expectancy !
Chichidodo
Chichidodo

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by burself Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:43 pm

My best community building 8 & 9.Regardless the academic side...
burself
burself

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:48 pm

One of my best friends graduated from the University of Blida ( Eng-depart) He adviced me to go there, because he think that studying English there is very good. We hear goodness about it.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nacerpro Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello,
Comparing to other departments I think we are good enough.
Nacerpro
Nacerpro

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-05-15

http://www.Idon'thaveany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezinma Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Thewolf wrote: ... studying English there is very good. We hear goodness about it.

Yes Wolf and it's what I call the Diploma-Based Approach to Language teaching that makes studies "there" veryyyyyyyyy gooood Wink
Ezinma
Ezinma

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:01 pm

I wish i were there, but i'mnot regret because i'm here. Who want study, can do it even in Afghan. Smile
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chinda Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Well, I think that every place has its good qualities and bad ones, and our university has both of these qualities; good and bad. I don't find it perfect and, at the same time, it is not the worst. Fom me, I am enjoying my studies there.With friends like mine and teachers like ours, I will never regret of being a student in it.
chinda
chinda

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JOKER Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:25 am

sure as u said chinda , it would be great to do some more improvement !

Last edited by JOKER on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
JOKER
JOKER

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JOKER Sat May 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Well, a lot of things need to be done, but I can see some good changes !!, hoping for more improvements next year in a fresh start !! What do you think of Blida Department of English? 500859
JOKER
JOKER

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nesrine Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 pm

I like english departement & i 'll never regret of bein a student in it ..........vive pav 8 & 9

nesrine

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutty Nes Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:10 pm

i'm sorry

Last edited by Dutty Nes on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutty Nes
Dutty Nes

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by asma Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 pm

u right i strongly agree with u Dutty nes..... u mentioned all wht happnin in our Departement ......... snifou1
asma
asma

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Blidi Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 am

Dutty Nes wrote:ar you talking about the english departement in "SAAD DAHLEB "?
our departement is just a big ****, example:
1-if you ask anyone on the admistration believe me you won't get any true answer.
2- in the LMD system it should be in the 3rd year SPECIALITIEZ; but due to "the lack of teachers" as they said we study civ,lit, didactics , communication "en français"......; everything.
3- for the " STAGE" they give us a form 3ab9our and ?????????? do whatever you want with it.
4- EL MA3RIFA
5- we have PRESENTATION for each module, writing the research proposal, "STAGE", homeworks, and a full planning table.

our department doesn't know exactly what it is used to do; it's just a big **** based on the fact that THEY DON'T KNOW
draheem

In addition to the "cursed" MASTER! I can't believe what is going on there.
Thank you for the straight opinion
Blidi
Blidi

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-09-11

http://www.blida-english.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrL Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 am

Pfffffffff.... What do you think of Blida Department of English? 749875
LEAVE THE DEPARTMENT If you think that your lever is much 'higher' than our ED's level... Apply for Oxford Univ What do you think of Blida Department of English? 328310 I'm dead sure it's gonna welcome you with open hands What do you think of Blida Department of English? 724351

MrL
MrL

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutty Nes Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't care
Dutty Nes
Dutty Nes

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Just before a while u were caring Dutty Ness. I think u r now aware abt the circumstances of other English departments . Just ask English students in other departments just if their teachers communicate with them.
Well in the case u feel that there is another better department than ours LEAVE as Mrl has suggested !
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Hello

I am not much fond of this deconstructive style because it's not leading anywhere. A part of being an adult is doing things which you don't want to do, but in the sake of the wellness of the whole (society) you do them anyway. Our Department is not perfect, we can agree on that. However, let's be fair and state the good sides along with the bad sides. So, unless you tackle this subject in a civilized way, things will get messy
Aristotle
Aristotle

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Blidi Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 pm

So, unless you tackle this subject in a civilized way, things will get messy.

You are right Aristotle. Everyone states his/her opinion freely and without any direct attack of any person.
Blidi
Blidi

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-09-11

http://www.blida-english.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonhbb Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 pm

It is said :" Treat as you want to be treated "

[quote="Blidi"]
Dutty Nes wrote:ar you talking about the english departement in "SAAD DAHLEB "?
our departement is just a big ****, example:
1-if you ask anyone on the admistration believe me you won't get any true answer.
It depends on ur answer. There r some questions better not to be answered.
2- in the LMD system it should be in the 3rd year SPECIALITIEZ; but due to "the lack of teachers" as they said we study civ,lit, didactics , communication "en français"......; everything.

It's a fact that the department is facing the problem of lack teachers but adapting with the problem is better than give it up all together !
3- for the " STAGE" they give us a form 3ab9our and ?????????? do whatever you want with it
. I think a university student can guide himself nd choose what it's appropriate for him rather than being controlled artocratically !
4- EL MA3RIFA
. I think the forum lge is English !!
5- we have PRESENTATION for each module, writing the research proposal, "STAGE", homeworks, and a full planning table.

Yes u have to cope with the situation nd learn seriously (I think 06 months of holidays r sufficient to relax !)

our department doesn't know exactly what it is used to do; it's just a big **** based on the fact that THEY DON'T KNOW.
If u feel that u can suggest anything to the department then yes do it . ur suggestion may change things in the department !
draheem

In addition to the "cursed" MASTER! I can't believe what is going on there.
- no comment-

Last edited by Londonhbb on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Londonhbb
Londonhbb

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by messi Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Personally, I don't know if the mothod of teaching or the teachers in this department are the problem.... we're not learning as we should...
messi
messi

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://blida-english.bbactif.com/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down