Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age?

2 posters

Go down

what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age? Empty what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age?

Post by sabine Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

The origins of Jeans went back to the Victorian era!!!!
That's true

In California in the 1850s, gold prospectors began to wear trousers made of denim, named after Nimes in France. This was a cotton fabric with a diagonal weave, using threads of blue and white. Harder wearing than jean, it eventually replaced it in the United States as the favorite cloth for hard work, and the trousers made from this material would acquire the name “jeans,” from the earlier material. Like the dark suit, denim jeans—now worn by all classes of society around the world—is another legacy of the Victorian era. Shocked

If you want to know more about the history of fashion of the Victorian age, just download this marvelous book.
http://www.4shared.com/office/dFnqaN0_/28075017-6-the-Victorian-Age.h
tml

A History of Fashion and Costume: The Victorian Age by Peter Chrisp

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Introduction p 5
Chapter 1: Early Victorian Fashions p 6
Chapter 2: The Clothing Industry p 16
Chapter 3: The Stages of Life p 30
Chapter 4: Occasional Clothes p 34
Chapter 5: Working Clothes p 38
Chapter 6: Late Victorian Fashions: 1860–1901 p 52

what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age? 9k=
sabine
sabine

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age? Empty Re: what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age?

Post by sassy86 Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 pm

WOW thank you SOO much Sabine for this post, being a crazy fashionista I've always been fascinated with the Vistorian fashion that we often see in movies!! And thispost is just PERFECT !! Bless you girl what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age? 868265
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age? Empty Re: what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age?

Post by sabine Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 pm

You're always welcome my doll hhhh I know that you're a fashion-ho Wink . So, enjoy reading that amazing book. In fact, I also adore Victorian fashion. I find it highly elegant what do you know about Fashion in the Victorian age? 865413
sabine
sabine

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down