Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games

3 posters

Go down

The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games Empty The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games

Post by glourious Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:20 pm

hey guys! saha ftourkom ^^
Im a huge fan of the Olympic Games but the results of our national teams in all sports made me feel pity. I don't know why we have reached such a low level... i mean.. yes we may loose agaist great teams but at least pull up a fight and loose with dignity...do you have anything to say abt this??
glourious
glourious

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games Empty Re: The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games

Post by sassy86 Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Glourious. I'm was so excited about the olympics and I felt the same about our national team...so much disapointed Sad Don't really know who we should blame, the participants themselves or the lack of means which do not -and this is in almost all fields not only sports- help much. Rolling Eyes
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games Empty Re: The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games

Post by glourious Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 am

finally and at least Algeria got it's first and Golden medal hamdoulah ^^

but generally speaking i don't think money and establishments have much to do with Olympic achienvement. For example Qatar has some of the most advanced sport infrastractures in the world... Europeans come to train there for God sake... but still, its athlets performed really bad... and today's first bronze medal made them feel like they won the World Cup or something! another example if u please, is the amazing Usain Bolt. Do u beleave that he used to SHARE the trainer with other members of the Jamaican team?? he ddn't even have a personal trainer but nevertheless he did very well!
Personally, I blame the player. Though they have received much from the government they ddn't give their best! Have u seen the Female Vollyball team for God sake... they were losing match after match with hemiliating scores and they weren't even sad abt it!! Iwas really angry abt tht! and Honestly i don't think such kind of players are trully the elite of this coutry in those games! the poor gifted ones are always marginalized in this coutry Sad
but for now let us be happy abt the Golden medal and tease the Egyptians a little bit...just like old times!!! :p
glourious
glourious

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 pm

OUF finally at least one Very Happy !!! I agree with what you said bro. Our problem is in this sentence 'Albaraka flaklil'. Have you seen our national TV today, it's like they won the World cup as you said. France with its numerous medals is very humble Rolling Eyes

The Algerian participation in the Olympic Games Makhloufi-vic_1122593
sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by w_ch Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:00 pm

I share with you my passion for the Olympic Games and I have been attached to my screen recently, following all kinds of sports held there in London.

I don't quietly remember when was the last time Algerian (or even Arabic) athletes were under the spot light, except for Morceli Noureddine whose greatest Olympic achievement was in Atlanta 1996 when he came first in the 1500 M race as well as for some other athletes such as : El Melouli, El Gerouj and some Egyptian and "Khalidji" athletes. Based on the number of athletes who participated, the percentage is very low. I refer only to Summer Olympics simply because it's more popular than the rest (Winter Olympics and The International Championship)

Algeria started its participation in the O.G. two years after the independence in Tokyo. It has collected 15 medals so far! (Gold 5 / Silver 2 /Bronze 8 ) A very very humble result compared to other down-to-earth countries. As for Makhloufi whom I congratulate for his Gold medal, which is the first in the last 12 years, I don't see eye-to-eye as most Algerians do about it. We are so hungry for the international recognition that the slightest achievement made by an Algerian might seem as some sort of a breakthrough.

Anyway, Congratulations for the first Medal, waiting to celebrate more to come, if not in this OG, then in the next one.
w_ch
w_ch

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://Ouadhah.cherifi@oup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:35 pm

w_ch wrote:I don't quietly remember when was the last time Algerian (or even Arabic) athletes were under the spot light, except for Morceli Noureddine whose greatest Olympic achievement was in Atlanta 1996 when he came first in the 1500 M race as well as for some other athletes such as : El Melouli, El Gerouj and some Egyptian and "Khalidji" athletes. Based on the number of athletes who participated, the percentage is very low.

I totally agree with that! (I was stunned that the new generation, my 19 years brother included, have never heard about Morceli or Boulmerka Shocked I was like 'Did it happen that long time ago?!'

sassy86
sassy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down