Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I Start Writing a Novel?

2 posters

Go down

How do I Start Writing a Novel? Empty How do I Start Writing a Novel?

Post by mimi cici Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:19 am

Hey,these are the steps you can choose while writing a novel,in which the processes are akin to getting directions for success. Enjoy How do I Start Writing a Novel? 816238

1-Many authors will meticulously plan and outline the novel.
2-Others will simply write the beginning and take a "see what happens" approach.
3-If you're having difficulty choosing, try this: write the ending of your novel first. That way, you know where you need to end up once you start writing the beginning.
4-Develop a main character that you care about,and concern yourself with writing a character who you want to follow around for three or four hundred pages.
5-The easiest way to achieve this is to think of your book as a series of "What Ifs."For example,What if this character met that character? What if my truck driver main character has an accident? What if my main characters get a divorce?.
6-When writing a novel, be sure of two things: first, be sure you care about your main character. This will make it easier for you to write what happens to them. Second, be sure to add a complication, or "What If" scenario. Keep asking questions and your characters will keep answering them.

jouliya
mimi cici
mimi cici

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

How do I Start Writing a Novel? Empty Re: How do I Start Writing a Novel?

Post by sassy86 Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 pm

I love the "see what happens" approach Smile Sometimes when you read some works, you have the impression that the author himself/herself doesn't know where this is goind and I really love that Wink

Thanks for the interesting topic How do I Start Writing a Novel? 317362
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum