Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Can I Improve My Reading Skills?

2 posters

Go down

How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? Empty How Can I Improve My Reading Skills?

Post by mimi cici Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Reading skills are a fundamental part of learning and education. Reading plays a part in any subject whether a student attempts to understand a difficult piece of literature, tackle a scientific concept, or comprehend a math problem. While a solid education can teach a person how to read, there are individuals who are unable to read well for meaning and understanding. The following strategies can assist anyone wishing to read for deeper comprehension and improve reading skills.

The first step in approaching a piece of writing is to read with a pen or pencil in hand. By marking unfamiliar concepts, making notes, placing questions marks next to particularly difficult concepts, or highlighting important phrases or passages, an individual can become fully engaged with the text.

Before trying to tackle specific points in an article, chapter, or passage, it is important to first skim the text, looking for clues. This is a vital strategy to improve reading skills. For example, many textbooks utilize bold print, section headings, and images to organize the information found in each section. Surveying in this way can put readers in touch with the different parts of the piece and should be seen by the reader as important tools. Readers can first do an overview of their reading to unravel the mystery of what is to come, which will, in turn, enhance their mastery of the reading and their involvement with it.

jouliya
mimi cici
mimi cici

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? Empty Re: How Can I Improve My Reading Skills?

Post by sassy86 Sat May 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Thank you so much mimi How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? 865413 Keep it up dear, you're doing an amazing job in here How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? 471538
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? Empty Re: How Can I Improve My Reading Skills?

Post by mimi cici Sat May 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Not like you Laughing

jouliya
mimi cici
mimi cici

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Sat May 26, 2012 7:27 pm

yeah Very Happy My students are about to have their exams so i'm taking care of, they are my babies and my priorities How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? 865413 How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? 471538

I have been posting for a long time and mates merely staring, so it's good to reverse roles sometimes Wink
Gonna have some worthy rest How Can I Improve My Reading Skills? 644682 Laughing
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi cici Tue May 29, 2012 6:40 pm

hhh Ok
mimi cici
mimi cici

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum