Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Vocabulary (differences)

+3
sabine
glourious
wonderland20
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 Empty Re: English Vocabulary (differences)

Post by EmilySo Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 am

THANK YOU MY DARLING SASSY Very Happy
I REALLY APPRICIATE YOUR HELP English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 471538

I wanna tell you a secret English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 766159................I'm soooooooooo proud of being your friend
English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413 I LOVE YOU English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413

EmilySo
EmilySo

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 Empty Re: English Vocabulary (differences)

Post by sassy86 Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Sweet Emily!! Love you too my dear sister English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413 English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413 English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413 English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413 English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413 English Vocabulary  (differences) - Page 2 865413
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy86 Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 pm

During a discussion with some of my collegues concerning the difference between "although" and "even though" we all agreed that they mean the same and that they are interchangeable meaning in spite of the fact that but when I check I saw that there was a slight difference though Wink hehehe (I love playing with words lol students like it so I became "samta" Razz ).
Anyways, here is what I found and I wanted you to read it :

At the beginning of a clause, "although", "even though", and "though" all mean "in spite of the fact that".

Although I was tired, I got up and went to work.
Even though I was tired, I got up and went to work.
Though I was tired, I got up and went to work.

"though" by itself at the end of a clause means the same as "however" or "nevertheless" at the beginning of the same clause:

He's a terrible dancer. He sings well, though. =
He's a terrible dancer. [Nevertheless / However] he sings well.

"though", but not "although" or "even though", can be used in inversion with an adjective:

Tired though I was, I got up and went to work.

And careful: "though" means "if" in the grouping "as though".

He looked as though he had seen a ghost. = He looked as if he had seen a ghost.
sassy86
sassy86

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sabine Thu May 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Really!!! we're always learning. I didn't know that before. Now I can say that I can make the difference between the two Wink thanks dear
sabine
sabine

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2