Blida Department of English: Free Stand to Stand Free
Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello dear mate, we'll be pleased to have you joining our community, so would you please register. You have to identify yourself to admin or to the moderators to be able to join the hidden group where you can see all the forum material.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need your help mates!

2 posters

Go down

I need your help mates! Empty I need your help mates!

Post by Thewolf Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Hello my dear friends and mates.
I have a question for students who were in third year degree in previous year. And welcome to any one from different degrees if he/she give a useful answer.
1) Impact of Charles Darwin in religious believes.
2)Famous names in Modernism, why they called them Outsiders?

Thank you.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

I need your help mates! Empty Re: I need your help mates!

Post by wonderland20 Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Salam mate,
I think i can help you more with the first question
In his book The Origin of Species,Charles Darwin described the evolution of life as a process of natural selection .Life,he suggested,is a comptetive struggle to survive ,often in the face of limited resources.Living things must compete for food and space.In other words Darwin saw that this world id battlefield where the strongest survive and flourish in society ,while the weak and unfit should be allowed to die and rot.
The theory was used to justify numerous exploits wich we classify as a dribious value today,colonialism fir instance was seen as natural and inevitable and given justification through Social Darwinism ethics,peple saw natives as being weak and more unfit to survive and therefore felt justified in seizing land and resources,and you can understand this theory more while tackling literary works,in Heart of Darkness by Conrad ,you see how the writer described the blacks as dirty, poor, lost and search for easy living,while the whites are beautiful, clean and lucky,and the writer does see sth wrong with that!
I think google would provide you with better deatils,just write in the bar darwin's Survival to the fitest,you will find plenty of info inchAllah
if i found out sth about your second question,i would just post here ^^
Peace Out
wonderland20
wonderland20

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thewolf Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Thank you very much mate for the infos.
I'll look for on what you have asked me to do. But i wish to find something you experienced it, something specific you dealt with in your programme. Thank you very much again.
Thewolf
Thewolf

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down